Indian tandoori chicken on a Mexican tortilla made into an Italian Pizza!!!
Can this pizza get anymore interesting?
Meet the pizza of my dreams.
No yeast doughs. No screaming hot oven.
Plain flour tortilla, leftover tandoori chicken, a delicious dressing and CHEESE all cooked on a skillet.
A twist to my tandoori chicken sandwiches.
Skill level – Easy
Tandoori Chicken Tortilla Pizza
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped mint
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup minced onion
1/2 jalapeños pepper, finely chopped (remove seeds, if you prefer less spicy)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 recipe tandoori chicken, chopped into small pieces
1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
3 x 8-inch four tortillas
1. Stir first 8 ingredients (mayonnaise through salt) in a small bowl. (This can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to a day)
2. Place a 9-inch non-stick skillet (that has a tight fitting glass lid) over medium heat.
3. While the pan is heating, Place a tortilla on a dinner plate and spread 1/4 cup mint-mayo mixture evenly on a tortilla, followed by a slightly heaped cup of tandoori chicken and 1/2 cup grated pepper jack. Carefully slide the tortilla onto the hot pan. Cover pan immediately with the lid, and let cook for about 4 minutes, until cheese is melted and bottom is crispy.
4. Transfer to a plate, cut into wedges and serve hot.
5. Repeat process with remaining tortillas.
Makes 3 x 8-inch pizzas
1. Monterey jack cheese can be substituted.
2. You will need approximately 4 minutes over medium heat, to get the tortillas crispy and golden brown.