Delicious and fun meal prep boxes. Store-bought pizza dough turned into a not-your-traditional-pizza that are perfect for school lunch or eaten hot.
Obviously, I have pizza on my mind!!
Endless possibilities and fun variations.
Pack a few slices in your child’s lunch box along with other healthy snacks.
Because, kids love to snack.
Customize with your child’s favorites and/or whatever you have on hand.
Skill level – Easy
Pizza Stromboli Meal Prep
1 (13.8 ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
1/2 cup tomato or marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Unroll pizza dough and roll a bit thinner (about 14 x 10 inch rectangle). Spread tomato sauce evenly, leaving about 1-inch border. Evenly sprinkle both mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on top of sauce. Roll the dough like a cinnamon roll, pinching the seam to seal.
3. Gently transfer roll, seam side down onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush garlic butter on top and sides of roll (set aside any remaining butter to use later).
4. Place pan in the middle rack of the pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes, until deep golden.
5. Place sheet pan on a wire rack, brush remaining garlic butter (pop bowl in the microwave for a few seconds to melt butter again) on top and let cool. Cut into wedges.
To make garlic butter,
Place butter in a small microwavable bowl, microwave until melted and stir in garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt.
Makes 4-5 servings
To prepare meal prep boxes
Raw or roasted cashews
Sliced pizza stromboli
Place everything into meal prep containers as required.