Sweet and chewy coconut macaroons with a hint of tartness and spice from CAPE COD SELECT PREMIUM FROZEN CRANBERRIES and crystallized ginger.
This recipe is my second addition to the CAPE COD SELECT PREMIUM FROZEN CRANBERRIES bloggers challenge! These cranberries are huge, frozen at the peak of ripeness and available all year round. CAPE COD SELECT is owned and operated by the Rhodes family for over 70 years and focus on providing consumers with premium quality cranberries.
Coconut macaroons are an easy, no-fuss holiday treat to bake and share with all those you love. They can be a little too sweet at times. So, the addition of CAPE COD SELECT PREMIUM FROZEN CRANBERRIES and ginger adds a touch of tartness, fruitiness and spice and makes it a must have every holiday season!
To make these scrumptious nuggets—
—beat egg whites and sugar until thick
—fold in sweetened shredded coconut, CAPE COD SELECT PREMIUM FROZEN CRANBERRIES, flour, crystallized ginger and vanilla
—chill dough to firm up
—shape into balls and bake
—cool and dip in melted chocolate
—Enjoy or share if possible!
-egg whites need to be at room temperature to whip up to full volume. Seperate cold eggs and leave whites at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (save yolks for a different recipe)
-pat thawed cranberries dry with paper towel to remove any excess moisture
Skill level – Intermediate
Prep time – 1 hour (includes 30 minutes refrigeration time) Cook time – 30 mins
Cranberry-Ginger Coconut Macaroons
1 cup CAPE COD SELECT PREMIUM FROZEN CRANBERRIES, thawed
2 large egg whites, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Pat dry CAPE COD SELECT PREMIUM FROZEN CRANBERRIES and chop coarsely, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and sugar on high speed with a hand held beater for about 3 minutes , until thick.
3. Add shredded coconut, flour, chopped CAPE COD SELECT PREMIUM FROZEN CRANBERRIES, ginger and vanilla extract. Mix well with a rubber spatula until evenly combined. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Remove dough from refrigerator, make balls with about 2 tablespoons measure dough (pack well to get fairly tight balls). Place on the prepared baking sheet , spacing evenly (Cookies will not expand).
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the outside begins to get golden. Place sheet pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Microwave chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small bowl for 60-90 seconds until fully melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Partially dip each macaroon in the chocolate and place back on the parchment paper. Set aside at room temperature until chocolate has hardened.
Makes 20-22 macaroons
Get connected with CAPE COD SELECT-
For the store locater link: http://www.capecodselect.com/store-locator/