Healthy-ish doughnuts with avocados in both doughnuts and glaze!
The only thing better than a baked doughnut?
Mmmm… addition of avocados
Vanilla doughnuts with all the heathy fats from avocado and nothing else.
Chocolate glaze with mashed avocado in the glaze…
Because at the end of the day, everything needs avocado…everything!
– Doughnut pans are a must to bake these
– For glaze – if the avocados are mashed very smooth then skip the straining part
Skill level – Intermediate
Baked Avocado Doughnuts With Chocolate-Avocado Glaze
Baked Avocado Doughnuts
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed avocado, (about 1 medium)
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons mashed avocado (mashed until very smooth)
1/4 cup water
freeze dried raspberries
To make Baked Avocado Doughnuts
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 doughnut pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Into a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Into another medium bowl, whisk sugar, beaten eggs, mashed avocado, yogurt and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the flour mixture and whisk until just combined. Transfer batter into a zip lock bag, snip off a corner and pipe into the doughnut cavities, about halfway full (makes 10 doughnuts).
4. Place both pans in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 11-12 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes clean. Place pans on a wire rack to cool. After 5-10 minutes, transfer doughnuts onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To make Chocolate-Avocado Glaze,
1. Place chocolate chips in a medium sized microwavable bowl, microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes, until completely melted (stir every 30 seconds).
2. Stir in the mashed avocado and water until very smooth. If you like a very smooth glaze, then pour the glaze through a strainer (pressing with a rubber spatula or a spoon) into a bowl.
3. Dip the tops of the doughnuts into the glaze and place on a wire rack to set. Garnish with shredded coconut and freeze dried raspberries, if desired.
Makes 10 doughuts