Light and refreshing mango coladas with fresh mango puree and coconut water. Aaaand yes, these are served with jalapeños ice cubes!!!
Summer is almost here.
Gimme flip flops, sunglasses, beach chair and some mango coladas!
And drink away… it’s skinny……
These skinny mango coladas are very light and fresh since it begins with coconut water and fresh mangoes.
Sweet, ripe mangoes and good quality coconut water makes a delicious mango colada.
Jalapenos ice cubes makes these coladas totally fancy. Place sliced jalapeños (I used red and green variety for photographic purposes) in ice cube tray, fill with water and freeze until solid.
As ice melts into the drink, the jalapeños slowly start infusing its heat. YUM.
Sugar depends on the sweetness of mangoes and coconut water. Since, my coconut water is naturally sweet and mango was at the peak of ripeness, I used 3 tablepoons. You may have to add more, if using a different brand.
Skinny Mango Colada With (Optional) Jalapeños
- 1 cup chopped ripe mangoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-5 tablepsoons sugar, depending on the sweetness of mangoes
- 1/2 cup coconut water, I used Harmless harvest
- 1/4 cup mango puree
- 1/4 cup white rum
- jalapeños ice cubes, optional
To make mango puree
- Into a small blender, add chopped mangoes, water and sugar. Blend until smooth (can be made up to days ahead and stored in the refrigerator).
To make mango colada
- Into a cocktail shaker combine ice cubes, coconut water, mango puree and rum. Shake vigorously and pour over a glass filled with ice (jalapeños or normal).
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.