A portable version of the most popular food trends.
Avocado toast to go!
#Avocadotoast has over 400,000 posts on Instagram.
A portable version…might come to close second.
I bake these jars while I’m getting ready.
And, grab it to go
To eat in the car. Work. School.
My favorite part- “No recipe required”. The recipe given is just a guideline.
Season any way you’d like – with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika, smoked paprika, zatar, cayenne, chili powder, ground cumin, harissa, Sriracha.
Your favorite toppings – grilled corn, crumbled cooked bacon, jalapeno spices, sliced red onion, other herbs, salsa.
Skill level – Easy
Avocado Toast Jars
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (or) halved cherry tomatoes (or) chopped large tomatoes
1 large avocado, mashed
1 – 2 slices bread, toasted
extra virgin olive oil
red pepper flakes
cilantro or parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray the inside of 2 mason jars with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Divide tomatoes into the jars, few drops of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Give a gentle shake, to mix everything. Top tomatoes with 2 eggs per jar, salt and red pepper flakes.
3. Place jars on a sheet pan and bake for 20-23 minutes, until eggs are cooked to your liking.
4. Place sheet pan on a wire rack to cool slightly.
5. Top eggs with mashed avocado, salt and chopped cilantro/ parsley and then cubed or sliced toasted bread.
Makes 2 servings
If you are going to eat much later, then sqeeze a few drops of lime/lemon juice over the mashed avocados.