Made with oat flour, zucchini and carrot, these muffins are moist, fluffy and healthier.
‘Tis zucchini season.
But, made healthier with oat flour and carrots.
Kids love it too!! Great for breakfast, snacking, school lunch box.
Skill level – Intermediate
1 cup + 3 tablespoons oat flour (refer notes)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tablepoons sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely zucchini, slightly packed
1 cup coarsely grated carrot
2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease them and set aside.
2. Into a medium bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (oat flour through salt) and set aside.
3. Into a larger bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar, until well combined. Add vegetable oil and vanilla, whisk to blend. Switch to a bigger spoon and stir in the zucchini and carrots. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Divide the batter between 12-muffin cups. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons oats on top. Bake muffins in the middle rack of the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes clean or it springs back when touched ( 22 to 24 minutes).
5. Place pan on a wire rack to cool.
6. Serve muffins warm or room temperature.
Makes 12 muffins
To make oat flour – grind about 1 1/4 cups of old fashioned oats in a dry grinder until very finely ground. Measure 1 1/4 cups for the recipe.