Crispy, crunchy, cinnamonny crisp that is incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious and fun.
It’s October ….FINALLY!!!!
My previous Halloween post was a little creepy.
So, I went a lot mellower this time.
These crisps are too darn tasty and ridiculously easy to make. Don’t have a witch hat shaped cookie cutter? Use a pumpkin/bat/ghost/cat.
Don’t celebrate Halloween? (😮😮) Cut tortillas into circles/squares/triangles.
Warning: You can’t stop eating just one!!!
These are highly addictive.
Skill level – Easy
Witch Hat Cinnamon Crisps
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 large burrito size flour tortillas
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Stir together sugar and ground cinnamon in a plate and set aside.
3. Using a witch hat cookie cutter, cut hats from each tortilla (I was able to sqeeze in 7 from each tortilla).
4. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush one side of each hat with melted butter. Place buttered side down on the cinnamon-sugar mixture, gently rub your fingetip all around the hat, for the sugar to adhere well. Place the hat (sugared side up) on the prepared sheet pan ( without overlapping).
5. Bake hats, one sheet at a time, in the middle rack of the oven, for about 14 minutes, until deep golden and browned.
6. Place pan on a wire rack to cool compkletely.
Crisps can be stored (in a covered container) at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Use any cookie cutter that you like or cut the tortillas into sqaures / trianngles. Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of cut-out.
- Any size flour tortilla may be used. Obviously, you will require more tortillas if they are smaller is size.