These mini pizzas feature a thin, crisp, garlic buttered tortilla crust and then filled with cheese…lots of cheese.
Kids love anything bite sized!!!
Anything that can be stuffed into their mouth.
What if it is pizza??
Yes, yes, yes.
The tortilla crust is double baked for guaranteed crispiness.
Pepperoni is totally optional. Skip if your child prefers just a cheesy pizza.
Skill level – Easy
Mini, Crispy, Garlic Buttered Pizzas
4 large burrito size flour tortillas
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup pizza/marinara sauce
1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
12 pepperoni slices
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and have the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Have a standard 12-cup muffin pan ready.
2. Using a 3-inch circle cookie cutter, cut 12 circles from the tortillas . Set aside.
3. Place butter in a small bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt.
4. Using a pastry brush, brush the bottoms and 1/2 inch up the sides of each muffin cup. Place the tortilla circles, snugging them in to fit. Brush the tortillas again with remaining butter (don’t forget the sides).
5. Place pan in the oven and bake for about 7-8 minutes, until tortillas begin to crisp and get golden in color (do not let them get any darker).
6. Remove pan from oven (do not turn off oven) and place on a wire rack. Spoon about 2 teaspoons pizza/marinara sauce into each cup (be careful with the hot pan, refer notes). Evenly divide cheese into the cups and place a pepperoni in the middle.
5. Place pan back in the oven and bake about 7-8 minutes, until cheese melts.
6. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack.
7. Serve hot/warm (unfortunately they loose the crispiness at room temperature, still delicious though)
Makes 12 mini pizzas
-Take care when dealing with the hot pan. If worried, then let pan cool for a couple of minutes and then proceed with the sauce and cheese
-Use any size flour tortillas that you have on hand. All you need are 12 x 3-inch circles.