These pinwheels will rock the lunch table! They are filled with turkey, cheddar, carrot and lettuce for an easy, quick and healthy school lunch!
Bringing yet another lunch box fav.
When it comes to school lunch, I am a lover of two things:
- Quick and easy
- No prep required <– even better
So, this is one such recipe that has been go-to for a loooong time.
Doesn’t this look way better than a sandwich?
And all the colors!!! (Shh…they are veggies)
The best part – these are totally customizable –
– Use flour/wheat/whole wheat tortilla
– Use any kind of sliced cheese
– Use any thinly sliced meat (ham/chicken)
Skill level – Easy
Turkey Ranch Pinwheels
2 (8-inch) flour or wheat tortillas
1 cup coarsely grated carrot, about 1 medium
3 slices cheddar cheese
8 slices, thinly sliced turkey (deli meat)
2-4 large leaves butter lettuce
1. Place a tortilla on a work surface, evenly spread 1 tablespoon ranch dressing on one side. Sprinkle half the grated carrot (over the ranch <– this helps holding the carrots in place), 1 1/2 slices cheddar (place to fit in a single layer), 4 slices turkey ( place to fit in a single layer) and 1-2 lettuce leaves.
2. Roll tightly (like a jelly roll) and cut into 3/4-inch slices.
4. Serve immediately or pack in school lunch box (I packed these with some grape tomatoes and roasted pistachios) or place in the refrigerator until serving time.
Makes 1-2 servings
- Use baby spinach instead of lettuce.
- Use thinly sliced chicken or ham instead of turkey.
- Use any type of cheese that you’d like.