This easy homemade pizza dough is ideal for making thick or thin crusted pizzas, calzones, stombolis, rolls, breadsticks and many more.
And I make a lot of it, many variations of it.
Because, who doesn’t love pizza?
This best pizza dough recipe has been my go to for a really loooong time.
Easy, quick and so versatile.
Whisk four, yeast and salt together..
Add olive oil and lukewarm water..
Knead for 2 minutes..
Let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours..
Amazing, soft, homemade dough
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
- 3 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 and 1/2 tablepsoons olive oil
- 1 and 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon lukewarm water, refer notes
- Add flour, yeast and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer, whisk together to combine.
- Add olive oil and lukewarm water, stir with butter knife or a spoon, until moistened.
- Attach bowl to the stand mixer along with the dough hook and knead on high speed for 2 minutes, until smooth. (If dough looks a bit dry then add water by the tablespoons or if it looks sticky then add 1 or 2 tablespoon flour and knead until it looks smooth again).
- Remove dough onto a counter and shape into a ball. Lightly coat the (now empty) bowl with olive oil on all sides. Place dough back into the bowl and turn it around, so it coats with oil on all sides. Cover bowl tightly with a clean kitchen towel and place in the warmest spot of your kitchen for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size. (During cooler days, I adopt to the oven method to rise the dough : Set the oven temperature to 170 degrees F (or the lowest that your oven can go to). As soon as the oven begins to heat, let it warm up for 20-30 seconds (don’t let it go to 100 degrees). Turn the oven off and place the bowl inside and let rise until doubled. If the oven reaches 100 degrees or higher, leave the oven door open for a few seconds to cool it down a touch before keeping the dough).
- Use pizza dough in your favorite recipe.(Makes dough for 2 medium size pizzas)
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.