PSL might have all its glory, BUT I’d prefer to eat my pumpkin.
With some maple syrup, Oh yassss!
Tender and fluffy!!! The secret: Butter is rubbed into the flour <—- fat coats flour, resulting in less gluten.
(I packed these in school lunch box with a side of maple syrup and was a winner!!!)
Freeze leftover pancake cups – Pop them into a zip lock bag and place in the freezer. Let ’em thaw at room temperature overnight and pop in the microwave to reheat.
Skill level – Easy
Pumpkin Streusel Pancake Cups
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped fine
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pumpkin pancake cups
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large egg, whisked lightly
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup buttermilk
maple syrup, for serving
To make streusel topping,
1. Stir together brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
To make pancake cups,
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with oven rack placed in the middle of the oven. Grease a 12-cup standard muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons butter and mix with your fingertips, until evenly distributed and it looks like wet sand. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together lightly beaten egg, pumpkin puree and buttermilk until smooth. Add into the flour mixture and stir with a spatula until just mixed (do not over mix).
4. Evenly divide batter into the muffin pan (all 12 cups) and sprinkle with prepared streusel.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for about 22-24 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes clean.
6. Place pan on a wire rack to cool slightly. Remove pancake cups from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
7. Serve pancake cups hot/warm/room temperature with maple syrup.
Makes 12 pancake cups
-The original recipe includes some almond flour. But, some readers requested for one with only all purpose flour. So, here it is.