Your new go-to oatmeal cookie! Light, crisp healthy-ish oatmeal cranberry cookies that is good enough for breakfast!!!
There’s a ton of oatmeal cookie recipes out there.
But to me. An oatmeal cookie needs to be healthy enough for breakfast.
Coconut oil, almond butter, oats, egg, cranberries and sugar.
See, all good for you:)
We’ve been living off this cookie for two weeks straight.
But hey, its just that good.
Use gluten free oats for gluten-free cookies.
(This post is a part of Tresomega Nutrition blogger recipe challenge)
Skill level – Intermediate
Dairy-free Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted just until liquid (don’t let get hot, refer notes)
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg, cold from the refrigerator
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees with oven rack placed in the middle of the oven. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add almond butter, melted coconut oil, brown sugar and sugar into a medium bowl. Beat with a hand held electric beater for 1 minute until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract, beat for 20 seconds, until thick and creamy. Beat in oats, baking soda and salt, until well combined. Beat in cranberries, until just combined.
3. Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon measure ice-cream scoop, scoop mounds of dough on the prepared cookie sheets, spacing at least 2-inches apart (you may also use a one tablespoon measure and measure a slightly heaped spoon). Smooth rough edges with your fingers to get more uniform rounds.
4. Bake one sheet at a time, for 16-18 minutes (per batch), until the edges get deep golden.
5. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 18-20 cookies
-Don’t let the coconut oil get hot. You still want to see a few solid streaks.
-I used Tresomega virgin coconut oil for this recipe. You can purchase the products at: Tresomega.com. Sams.com, Amazon.com and Walmart.com
–I used no-stir Barney almond butter.