Spicy, cheesy, garlicky, crusty, meaty goodness! This spicy, cheesy garlic bread may be the best bite-size party food you will ever have. You can’t stop with one bite.
Is there anything better than hot, cheesy garlic bread? I don’t think so.
But, what if we made it SPICY? Aaaand then, stuff them with hot dogs?
These cheesy garlic bread bites will be the first one to disappear this Sunday. Holy cheesy, spicy goodness.
-You start with a baguette (soft or crunchy – your choice). Cut into 2 or 3 pieces (this is only to make it fit in the sheet pan, if your sheet pan is big enough to hold the baguette then you can totally skip this step).
-Slice off about 1/2-3/4 inch of the top crust (to expose the soft inside), remove the inside to make a shell. Liberally brush the inside with garlic butter and bake to toast.
-Fill with cheese, hot dog and more cheese. Then, top with jalapeños slices, bake until cheese melts.
-Eat. Share if possible.
It is the best cheesy garlic bread recipe!!
Spicy, cheesy hot dog garlic bread
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablepsoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 loaf baguette
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F. Have a sheet pan ready.
- Stir together minced garlic, melted butter and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss cheddar and pepper jack cheeses together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the baguette into 2 or 3 equal pieces. Slice off about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the top crust and remove the soft inside to make a shell. Brush the inside and tops of the baguette with garlic butter and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes on middle rack, until it begins to turn golden.
- Remove pan from oven, stuff some cheese into the cavity, top with hot dogs (cut them to fit) and then top with additional cheese (press cheese gently with hand to make them stay). You could reduce the cheese if you like, but more cheese the better, right? And game day food is not about counting calories. Place sliced jalapeños on top (use as much or as little as you'd like).
- Place pan back in the oven (middle rack), bake for about 10 minutes until cheese melts (watch closely during the last few minutes).
- Remove from oven, cut and serve immediately.