This sheet pan chicken fajitas is the easiest dinner ever. About 15 minutes of prep time is all that is required for this easy, healthy, flavorful meal and it comes together in one sheet pan.
Don’t ya love sheet pan dinners?
My favorite part is the clean up <– hate doing dishes.
Especially if the chicken and veggies are all baked together in one pan, easy peasy.
Healthy sheet pan dinner…win-win!
The best part? Kids gobble up these peppers as if they are candy, otherwise it’s a hard sell around here. All things wrapped in a tortilla is got to be good!
It begins with a homemade fajitas seasoning – just a few pantry staples and you’ve got yourself a best chicken fajitas seasoning. Sure beats any store bought ones.
Then, you toss all ingredients right in the sheet pan (no dirtying another bowl). Bake and then broil for the last 5 minutes which really gives them a charred effect.
I love using chicken thighs instead of breasts, they stay moist and doesn’t dry out. But, you could totally use chicken breasts, if that’s what you have on hand.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 teaspoon each coriander powder, paprika, chili powder, salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or 3 large) cut into strips
- 1 1/2 bell peppers sliced (mix and match different colors)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 corn or flour tortillas, taco size
- optional toppings - sliced avocados, sour cream, cilantro, sliced jalapeños, shredded Mexican cheese, squeeze of a lime
Make Fajitas seasoning
- Stir all seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl.
Bake chicken fajitas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F with oven rack placed in the middle of the oven.
- In a sheet pan, add sliced chicken thighs, bell peppers, onion, vegetable oil and fajitas seasoning. Toss well until thoroughly combined (hands work best). Spread around to place everything in a single layer.
- Bake for 18 minutes. After 18 minutes (do not take pan out of oven), switch oven to broil and let broil for 5 minutes.
- Place pan on a wire rack, toss everything well with tongs or a spatula (to coat chicken and vegetables with the pan juices).
- Cook tortillas over open flame on both sides to char lightly.
- Serve filling in warm tortillas with additional toppings.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.