This Instant Pot chicken parmesan pasta recipe is an easy weeknight dinner recipe. All the flavors of classic chicken parmesan made into a one pot, comforting meal. Easiest clean up!
Commute, homework, basket ball, guitar lessons… Instant pot chicken pasta recipes are such a life saver on week nights.
I love my Instant pot so much, that I have 2 different sizes and use it at least 5 days in a week. Click here for more Instant pot recipes.
This is an easy instant pot chicken parmesan recipe with the addition of pasta. A meal that is often requested by the kiddos and has become a reader favorite.
Chicken parmesan is such a classic dish with breaded chicken cutlets topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Juicy chicken with a crisp coating and the tomato sauce plus warm melted cheese…..D-E-L-I-S-H. It is fabulous as is for dinner with some veggies and garlic bread or also great made into sandwiches as well. I love to enjoy baked chicken parmesan pasta in restaurants or make it over the weekends. Whereas, weekdays calls for easy, quick meals. Enter this instant pot chicken parm!
Team players in this BEST CHICKEN PASTA recipe:
- Pasta – I tend to often use penne pasta since my children have somehow loved this shape since their young age. Maybe it’s easy to eat with a fork. Instant pot chicken penne pasta is so wonderful because penne works well in all Instant pots, even the 3-quart one (I tend to struggle with longer pastas like fettuccine/ spaghetti at times. Another instant pot penne pasta —> Instant Pot No-Cream Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Chicken – You could use both boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts for this Italian chicken pasta recipe. My choice is always chicken thighs – they are juicy, super tender and the additional fat flavors the pasta and makes it even more delicious. Check out this Crispy Popcorn Chicken.
- Marinara sauce – Use your favorite brand. I have always loved Prego, tomato basil and garlic (this is not a sponsored post) and use only that sauce for all my recipes and the flavor is A-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Have you heard of pasta pizza? Any leftover pasta with tomato sauce can be made into a delicious Leftover Pasta Pizza
- Cheese – We are going with the classic, so it is strictly mozzarella and parmesan.
- Flavorings – Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Instant pot chicken and pasta recipes are so wonderful that I tend to make many variations. Like this Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken Meat Sauce
Love to make chicken parmesan in Instant pot without the carbs? Check out this Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan that is great as is or made into sandwiches.
Why are you going to love this Instant pot chicken pasta recipe ?
- All good things here. Pasta. Chicken. Tomato sauce. Cheese. How can you go wrong?
- One pot to clean <— my favorite
- Chicken is melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Uses jarred pasta sauce ( I used Prego )
- All pantry ingredients + chicken
- Tastes amazing
Check out more Instant Pot recipes
How to make Instant pot chicken parmesan pasta?
Step-1: Heat Instant pot to saute. Saute onion and garlic in some olive oil when hot.
Step-2: Add chicken and continue to saute for additional two minutes.
Step-3: Cancel Instant pot, stir in pasta, marinara sauce, water, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Pressure cook for 7 minutes and then in warm for 10 minutes.
Step-4: Release pressure, open lid, sprinkle both cheeses, close lid for about 2 minutes to melt cheese. Give a good stir and serve.
Super easy chicken parmesan for the win!
Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce <—- Another delicious, creamy Instant pot pasta recipe
More easy weeknight chicken dinner ideas for you:
Easy Instant Pot Cashew Chicken – No added oil! Skip takeout and make this easy instant pot cashew chicken for a quick weeknight dinner or meal prep for the week. Simply serve over plain white or brown rice.
Instant Pot Chicken and Kale Curry – Everyones favorite chicken curry, but made even easier in an Instant Pot and healthier with kale. This Instant Pot chicken and kale curry is an ultimate bowl of comfort food with rice or any type of flatbread.
Baked Chicken Meatballs with Cauliflower & Carrots – Loaded with ground chicken, cauliflower, carrot and mozzarella, these healthyish baked chicken meatballs are tender, soft, flavorful and perfect as is or made into appetizers, sandwiches, spaghetti and much more.
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice – Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of tender chicken, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas, this Instant pot chicken fried rice is easier and healthier. No more take-outs!!!
Baked Barbecue Chicken Meatballs with Avocado – Incredible chicken meatballs baked in muffin tin!! Moist, saucy, easy and delicious baked barbecue chicken meatballs with avocado are easy enough for weeknight dinner and great for meal prep.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 and 1/4 cups marinara sauce, I used Prego
- 1 cup water, refer notes
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspooon salt, refer notes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley or basil, to garnish (optional)
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. When hot, add olive oil and then chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Press cancel and then add marinara sauce, water, pasta, Italian seasoning, salt and ground pepper. Stir well. Close and lock lid (making sure that valve is set to sealing). Select manual setting (or pressure cooker) for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, let Instant pot in the warm mode for 4 minutes. Turn valve to venting to release pressure. Open lid, sprinkle both cheeses, close lid and let cheese melt for one minute.
- Open Instant pot, stir to mix in melted cheese and serve Instant pot chicken parmesan pasta hot with chopped parsley or basil. Or cool and pack into meal prep containers.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.