Simple, comforting, spicy, tangy tandoori chicken meal prep for your entire week/family. An easy oven roasted tandoori chicken is layered with a minty-lemon rice and the easiest raita.
Meal Prep Monday!!!
It should be totally a thing, right?
I have started loving meal prep recipes. A life saver for busy moms!
We eat a LOT of Tandoori chicken around here. It’s so easy, healthy and freezes well. I usually make a double batch and use leftovers in other recipes like, tandoori chicken sandwiches, tandoori chicken tortilla pizza, Tandoori chicken Naanwich or Baked egg and tandoori chicken cups.
I’ve made this authentic tandoori chicken recipe a million times (ok, may be thousands), that I could make it probably in my sleep. It’s easy, simple, healthy, fool proof and is great in both oven and outdoor grill. A real crowd pleaser!!
So, it’s no brainer that I come up with yet another way to enjoy this Indian classic.
This chicken meal prep is just a portable meal made with all the components of this Tandoori chicken with cashew mint chutney.
Tandoori Chicken Meal Prep
- 1 recipe tandoori chicken
- cucumber slices (optional)
Minty lemon rice
- 4 cups leftover cooked, cooled white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeños pepper, sliced (use as much or as little as you'd like)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed well
- 1/8 inch piece ginger, crushed well
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Make minty lemon rice
- Heat 2 tablepsoons butter in a sautepan over medium heat. When butter is melted, add in cumin seeds, bay leaf and chopped cashews. Stir until cashews get golden and cumin is toasted.
- Stir in onions, jalapeños, garlic and ginger. Saute until onions get trasnslucent and then stir in mint and cilantro. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add rice, salt and lemon juice. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Stir all raita ingredients together.
To assemble meal prep
- Spoon rice and then arrange tandoori chicken, raita and cucumber slices into meal prep containers.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.