Ultimate recipe mashup!!! This simple chocolate chip banana sheet cake tastes like a chocolate chip cookie and banana bread combined. Great with plain, with coffee/milk or packed into kids lunch box.
Very excited to share this chocolate chip banana sheet cake today.
A soft, snack cake that tastes like a chocolate chip cookie but with the flavor of banana.
How delicious is that?
Greek yogurt and banana keeps this cake very soft and let’s load up on chocolate chips. Yes please.
A simple cake recipe begins with creaming butter and brown sugar and then the usual drill.
- beat in egg
- beat in mashed banana and vanilla extract
- beat in half the flour mixture
- beat in greek yogurt
- beat in remaining flour mixture
- stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
Transfer to pan, spread, smooth, top with more walnuts and bake.
And this chocolate chip cake bakes quick <— an advantage with thin sheet cakes.
Ok, now really let’s eat some more chocolate chip banana cake.
Chocolate Chip Banana Sheet Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 sheet pan ( if you don't have one then use a standard 9 x 13 baking pan) with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and brown sugar into a large bowl, beat with a hand held electric beater for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape sides, beat in egg.Scrape sides, beat in mashed banana and vanilla extract, until smooth. (Don't worry if mixture looks slightly curdled at this point).
- Add half the flour mixture, beat on low until barely smooth (do not over mix). Add greek yogurt, beat on medium until combined. Add remaining flour mixture, beat on low until just smooth (do not over mix).
- Switch to a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and half chopped walnuts.
- Transfer batter into the prepared pan, spread all over the pan, smooth top (try to do the best you can) and finally sprinkle remaining chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake cake in the middle rack of the oven for 15-17 minutes, until it looks golden brown on top.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and enjoy plain or with a tall glass of milk or hot cup of coffee.
Recipe adapted from my Fluffiest banana sheet cake.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.