These homemade parmesan cheese crackers are crisp, nutty, buttery and is a great snack for both kids and adults.
Kids love snacking!! Sugary, salty, crispy, crunchy.
This parmesan crackers taste very similar to the yellow, square cheese crackers that kids love. But, homemade.
But, grown up kids will love them too.
Have ’em plain or with your favorite dip.
If you are planning a cheeseboard, I hope you make these. You can cut into long 1-inch strips for a dramatic presentation.
These parmesan crackers are:
- 4 easy steps
- Cheesy, buttery, nutty, salty and crispy
- Can be cut into any shape that your heart desires
- Perfect for snacking
- Slather on your favorite spread
- Serve with a yummy dip
Let’s get down to the process –
- Grind flour, parmesan, salt, garlic powder, oregano and parsley for 15 seconds.
- Add cold butter and process for 10 seconds.
- Add milk and process until it begins to gather together.
- Shape into a smooth disc.
- Roll into a 12 x 12 inch square.
- Cut into 1 X 1 inch squares.
Bake until golden.
Few pointers while making them:
I used pre-grated parmesan cheese ( I used store-bought grated parmesan cheese from refrigerated section). Do not use the fake kind from the pasta isle.
For accurate measurements, measure milk with a dry 1/4-cup measure, instead of a liquid measure ( as you might add more than required).
Homemade Parmesan Cheese Crackers
- 4 tablepsoons unsalted butter, cold, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- additional flour, for rolling the dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients into a food processor. Process for 15 seconds.
- Add sliced cold butter, process for 10 seconds.
- Add milk ( To be exact, measure milk with a 1/4-cup dry measuring cup instead of a liquid measuring cup). Prosee dough until it begins to gather together (about 20 seconds).
- Dump dough one the kitchen counter, gently give 2-3 kneads to make dough into a smooth, flat, square disc.
- Lightly dust the counter with some all purpose flour and roll dough (dust the top with some flour too) into a 12 X 12 inch square. Move dough often to ensure it does not stick to the counter and lightly dust with more flour if it starts sticking.
- Cut into 1 X 1 inch squares ( I used a ruler and pizza wheel). Transfer squares onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 1/2-inch apart (crackers will not expand while baking).
- Bake crackers (in the middle rack of the oven) for 23-26 minutes or until golden in color ( DON'T LET THEM TURN DARKER). Place pan on a wire rack to cool comleteely.
- Crackers can be stored in an airtight conrtiner for 3-4 days.
Recipe slightly modified from Parmesan cream crackers.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.