Triple the coconut flavor, juicy summer cherries and chia seeds are conveniently packed into mason jars overnight. This coconut cherry chia overnight oats is a go-to breakfast on a hot summer day.
The easiest summer staple.
I’ve had so many overnight oats all season long. Like these
But, something about the combo of coconut and cherry is magical.
Aaand, this overnight oats packs some serious coconut flavor – Oats are first toasted in coconut oil (unusual for overnight oats but this adds some serious nutty goodness) and then mixed with coconut milk and shredded coconut.
Why do I love this overnight oats ??
- Can’t get easier than this
- Bangin’ coconut flavor
- Not to mention – super healthy
- Make it vegan – sub maple syrup instead of honey
- Ready to go when I don’t have any time for a sit down breakfast.
Toasting oats in coconut oil is an additional step when compared to all other overnight oats recipes that includes dump and stir methods.
- It adds more coconut goodness and healthy fats.
- The oats gets a nuttiness <— more yummier.
So, if you are fan of overnight oats like I am or can’t get enough coconut in your life then make this.
Coconut Cherry Chia Overnight Oats
- 10 fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- additional sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
The previous night,
- Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan, until moderately hot. Add oats and stir for 2-3 minutes, until toasted and color begins to change to golden. Transfer oats into a bowl and then mix in all remaining ingredients (coconut milk, shredded coconut, honey and chia seeds)Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight ( can be stored up to 3 days).
Just before serving,
- Layer chopped cherries and soaked oats in a serving bowl or mason jar. Top with more cherries and shredded coconut, if desired.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.