This cranberry lemon fizz is the perfect drink for all seasons! Fresh ginger undertones play off nicely against the sweet, tart cranberries and freshly squeezed lemon.
I know, cranberries screams Holiday season. A Thanksgiving feast would never be complete without the cranberry sauce.
But, thanks to frozen cranberries they can be used all through the year.
Unique tart flavor with a touch of sweetness, they are ideal in sweet and savory dishes. And drinks too.
My favorite part… the ruby red color!!!
You begin by muddling – I used a medium drinking glass and a wooden pestle. No fancy muddlers required.
I love quick cocktails that does’nt require any simple syrup (planning ahead <— not one of my strengths).
- muddle thawed frozen cranberries, a bit of chopped ginger and sugar. (Sugar dissloves by the time all cranberries get crushed —-> becomes one juicy delicious mess.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and water.
- Stir and Strain.
- Add ice and top with club soda just before serving.
A splash of rum for all those who love some booze in their life <—- NEED
My favorite has to be this one for sure – so easy and so quick
- No blenders
- No simple syrup
- Single serve ( you don’t waste any )
Got to love that color, will be perfect for any guests during holiday season too.
Cheers to a drink fit for every season.
Cranberry Lemon Fizz (Boozy or Not)
- 1/2 cup thawed Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (depending on how sweet you like your drink) refer notes
- one very thin slice of ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 2 tablepsoons white rum (optional)
To garnish (optional)
- additional Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries
- a slice of lemon
- a sprig of fresh mint
- Add Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries, sugar and ginger into a medium glass and muddle the cranberries real well and to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir in lemon juice and water. Strain into a serving glass, pressing cranberries well with the back of a spoon to get all the juices out.
- Top with ice, club soda and rum (if using). Garnish with more Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries, a slice of lemon and mint leaves (if desired).
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.