Made with frozen cranberries, this cashew cranberry pesto is sweet, tart, salty and pretty!!!
Ain’t your traditional pesto. No basil. No pine nuts. No parmesan.
Frozen cranberries, paired with creamy cashews and fresh mint.
Can we talk about this color? How stunning!!!
I so love cooking with cranberries, they add a vibrant pink that’s incomparable.
This cashew cranberry pesto involves one additional step than your traditional pesto.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan
- Add all ingredients, cook over high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Cool, grind to a coarse paste.
Spread on toasted baguette slices and top with a mint leaf <– Party-worthy
OR use it on your turkey sandwich. Reminds me of leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches, Mmmm.
It is sweet, tart, salty, nutty, creamy. Spread on a crispy, crunchy baguette.
Party in my mouth!!!
You might love this Baked beet falafel <— another ruby red glory.
How perfect will this be for your Holiday parties? A must have.
Cashew Cranberry Pesto Crostini
- 1 tablepsoon olive oil
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 large mint leaves (and more to garnish)
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon water (or more if required)
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over high heat. Add Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries, cashews, onion, garlic and mint leaves. Continue to cook over high heat (stirring occasionally), for 3 to 4 minutes, until cranberries have softened well. Take pan off heat and let cool completely.
- Transfer all ingredients into a small food processor, along with sugar, salt and 1 tablespoon water. Process until coarsely ground. Do not make into a fine paste. (Add additional 1/2 to 1 tablespoon water, only if the processor needs help grinding).
- Spread pesto over toasted baguette slices and garnish with a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.