Homemade, Better-for-you, tastier and totally customizable DIY pizza lunchables!!!
My kids LOVE store bought pizza lunchables!
Can ya blame them? You get to build your own pizza sitting at the school lunch table. FUNNNNN.
Here is my attempt to make it a wee bit healthier and the best is that you get to pack your child’s favorite toppings.
Here’s what’s lined up in the DIY Pizza lunchables
- Homemade wheat or whole wheat tortilla crackers
- Homemade or store-bought pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
- Mini pepperonis (wanna make is vegetarian? Add sliced olives instead)
Homemade tortilla crackers
- Cut 2 and 1/2 inch circles from flour / wheat / whole wheat tortillas.
- Place them on a baking sheet and spray a thin coating of non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, until golden and crisp (about 15 minutes).
- Let cool completely.
- These crackers can be made ahead and stored in an air tight container (or a ziplock bag) for up to 4 days.
To meal prep DIY Pizza Lunchables
Make crackers over the weekend or few days ahead
Place small containers of pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni (or olives) into meal prep containers and store in the refrigerator over the weekend.
Toss in crackers just before taking to school (and couple of oreos because it’s Friday 😊 )
How fun would this be at play dates? Or Friday movie night snack?
DIY Pizza Lunchables
Baked tortilla crackers
- 2 wheat or flour tortillas (10 inch)
DIY Pizza lunchables
- 12 baked tortilla crackers
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablepsoons mini pepperoni or regular pepperoni
Additional (optional) ingredients
- 2 clementines
- Roasted pistachios
- cookies (optional)
Bake tortilla crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a thin coating of non-stick spray.
- Cut tortillas in 2 and 1/2 inch circles with round cookie cutter and place on the prepared baking sheet, without overlapping. Spray a thin coating of non-stick spray on top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tortillas have crisped up. Cool completely (can be made ahead and stored at room temperature for up to 4 days).
Assemble pizza lunchables
- Spoon half pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella and pepperoni into small containers and cover tightly with lid ( can be prepped ahead and stored in the refrigerator) and place into meal prep container along with 6 crackers. Repeat process to prepare another lunch box.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.