Simple, easy yet tasty Instant Pot Mushroom Coconut Rice Pilaf! Perfect side dish for any meat entree, all types of curries or just as-is for kids lunch box.
Simplest of recipes are sometimes the tastiest!!
Rice and mushrooms cooked with coconut milk. Yummmmmy
All made right in your Instant Pot, you know it’s gonna be easy peasy.
Delicious with your favorite Thai/Indian curries or any cooked protein or just plain.
Now, let’s see hot to make this tasty Instant Pot coconut rice-
- Heat butter in Instant Pot (do not sub oils, butter is a key ingredient).
- Saute chopped onion, garlic, ginger and jalapeno pepper.
- Saute sliced, fresh white mushrooms.
- Add rice, coconut milk and water.
- Cook until done!
How to serve this ?
- Along with any Thai / Indian curries
- With any cooked spicy protein
- Plain as-is
- Pack into kids lunch boxes
Instant Pot Mushroom Coconut Rice Pilaf
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, left whole or slit open
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 inch piece ginger, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or as required
- 10 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Basmati rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Set Instant Pot in Saute setting. When hot, add butter and let melt. Add next 5 ingredients (onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, ginger and salt). Saute for 3-4 minutes, until it starts to get translucent. Add mshrooms and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Press cancel. Add rice, coconut milk and water, stir well. Close and lock lid, making sure valve is in sealing position. Set to Rice setting (it took 12 minutes in mine) and let cook. Let it be in warm mode for 10 minutes. Then release pressure by turning valve to vent. Open lid, fluff rice with a fork and serve.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.