Fun homemade corn dog bites make a great appetizer, after school snack or lunch box!! Kids totally love these bite sized nuggets of the classic fair treat.
Kids love bite sized foods!!
Especially in their lunch boxes. So easy to gobble while catching up with their buddies.
I love freezable foods!!!
That can be made once, frozen and quick thaw in the microwave for an easy, effortless school lunch on a hectic weekday morning.
These homemade corn dog bites are a winner-winner.
Soooo much fun than a plain old corn dog yet great from the freezer.
Let’s get into the process –
- Make batter
- Slice hot dogs and toss ’em in some flour (helps the batter stick to them)
- Toss in batter
- Deep fry until golden brown and delicious.
- Pop into your mouth with some ketchup/mustard.
Why will you love, LOVE these bite sized corn dog nuggets?
- Make once, freeze for several lunches / snacks
- Cute, fun to eat
- Kid-friendly, totally!
- Freezer friendly
- Quick thaw in the microwave
- Great for game days too
Of course, these are best hot off the frier!
Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy inside with a chunk of hot dog <—– Game day snack/appetizer or after school snack or play date snack.
Eat and freeze leftovers.
How to freeze?
- Make and cool homemade corn dog bites.
- Pack them in a large zip lock bag and freeze <—- skip the frozen section in the supermarket.
- Place a few or more in a microwavable plate ( in single layer). Microwave for a minute or longer ( more corn dog bites —> longer in the microwave), until very hot.
- Eat with ketchup and/or mustard.
How to pack homemade corn dog bites for lunch box?
Pack cooled corn dog bites in a lunch box along with ketchup and/or mustard in a separate compartment or jello shot cups. I packed some orange segments and cucumber slices along with it.
You will totally love this Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice <— kid favorite!
Homemade Corn dog bites
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 8 hot dogs, each sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- vegetable or corn oil for frying
- Pour vegetable or corn oil into a dutch oven or large saucepan, until it comes to about 2-inches in height. Place pan over medium-high heat. Make corn dog batter while the oil in heating.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a large bowl and all wet ingredients in a small bowl. Add wet into dry and whisk to get a thick batter, set aside.
- Add the sliced hot dogs and 1/4 cup all purpose flour into a large gallon sized bag, seal and shake it up.
- Working in batches, remove about 1/4th sliced hot dogs into the batter and toss to coat well. Using a fork (this will help in draining off excess batter), remove each hot dog piece into the moderately hot oil and deep fry for about 3 minutes ( turning the corn dogs once or twice to brown on all sides). Drain on paper towel lined plate. Repeat process to cook all corn dog bites.
- Serve corn dog bites hot/warm/room temperature with ketchup and/or yellow mustard.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.