Light, simple, quick and healthy lunch for work or school! Caprese with garlic toast lunch box is a great way to enjoy in season/late summer tomatoes and basil!
‘Tis the season’s last!!
Super sweet tomatoes and fresh basil. Got to use it all before it all dries up before the bitter, cold winter.
What better way than to make a classic caprese salad!
Caprese didn’t come across as a lunchbox/meal prep candidate for a very long time.
Until I realized that it works out great especially for this time of the year.
Chilly mornings with mild temperatures are great for caprese to hold well at room temperature when compared to hot summer days. Don’t ya agree?
Toasting bread, boiling egg, tossing a caprese salad….a child’s play.
This is more of an idea/inspiration than a recipe.
Protein. Carbs. Cheese. Veggies. It has it all!! So healthy, flavorful and so light.
How do you meal prep Caprese with Garlic Toast Lunch Box?
- Prep caprese salad.
- Boil eggs
- Portion into meal prep containers and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Just before eating/taking to work –> toast bread, rub garlic and let cool.
- Pack along with salad and eggs.
More of an idea!
- Use as many eggs as you’d like or skip eggs <— vegetarian
- Use as many bread as you like or skip bread <– carb free
- More add-in suggestions —> chopped cucumber / avocado/ chopped cooked chicken
Caprese with Garlic Toast Lunch Box
Simple, easy, quick and healthy lunch for work or school! Caprese with garlic toast lunch box is a great way to enjoy late summer tomatoes and basil!
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (I used 3 different colors)
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped or torn
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- coarsely crushed black pepper to taste
- 8 thin slices good quality multi grain or wheat bread
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- sea salt and crushed black pepper, to taste
To make Caprese
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
To make garlic toast
Toast bread slices in your bread toaster, until deep golden brown. Immediatey, rub the cut side of the garlic clove all over on one side.
To meal prep and pack lunch boxes
Make carprese salad and boiled eggs. Divide into meal prep containers and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Before taking to work/school, prep garlic toast and let cool down. Pack along with salad and enjoy.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.