Yummy baked chicken burger with sneaky veggies is loaded with cauliflower, carrot, pepper jack cheese, mashed avocado and Sriracha mayo. Weeknights, lunches, lunch box (yes…scroll down for how-to) or just about anytime!
Who’s up for a burger?
Really good burger, but healthier. Much healthier!
- Leaner chicken
- Veggies baked right in the patty
- Mashed avocado for good measure
Have you guys tried these Healthyish Baked Chicken Meatballs?? This recipe is just the burger version of that.
Go ahead, taste the patty. Ain’t tasty?
Aaaand, so moist! We all know that cauliflower packs in a lot of moisture. All that and cheese keeps the burger moist and delicious.
More easy chicken recipes —> click here
These chicken burger patties recipe is soooo good and so customizable. Make the patty (or shall I say bake the patty) and you can eat just the way you wanna to.
Here are a few suggestions to enjoy this baked chicken burger patty:
- Eat as is with a sauce for dinner ( Sriracha mayo / chipotle mayo / fry sauce / garlicky mayo / creamy marinara / creamy bbq sauce / plain old ketchup )
- Swap the buns for lettuce with all the fixins. You have yourself a low-carb healthier meal.
- Slice the patty and stir into a salad ( Caesar salad / ranch / any salad with a creamy dressing will be great)
- Pack for school lunch with a sauce on the side ( smaller sized patties will be more kid-friendly )
- Make a Chicken parm – Top the baked patty with jarred marinara sauce, mozzarella and parm, bake until cheese is melted and sprinkle fresh basil on top. DIG IN.
- Make a chicken parm and stuff between a roll <— chicken parm sandwich
- Slice and stir into any of your favorite pasta
You will also love this hugely popular Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Why are you gonna make this chicken burger in oven over and over ?
- Easy Peasy (Mix all ingredients, shape and bake)
- Freezer friendly ( Store ’em in zip lock bags and thaw at room temperature. Heat in a skillet or microwave or oven).
- Million (ok tens) possibilities to serve.
- Veggies are sneaked in <— Great. Even for picky eaters
- Easy clean up
- It involves avocado <— my favorite
- Great for lunch boxes too
How to pack a burger for lunch box?
- Bake and cool patties.
- Pack in a lunch box with bun
- Place Sriracha sauce in small jello shot containers.
- All your burger fixins on the side
- Assemble just before eating
- If possible, add mashed avocado just before eating
You will also love these Lunch Box Recipes
Another kid / adult favorite super easy chicken sandwich —> Instant Pot Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Baked Chicken Burger with Sneaky Veggies
Yummy baked chicken burger with sneaky veggies is loaded with cauliflower, carrot, pepper jack cheese, mashed avocado and Sriracha mayo. Weeknights, lunches, lunch box (yes...scroll down for how-to) or just about anytime!
Baked Chicken Burger Patty
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup grated cauliflower (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup grated carrot (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese (or Monterey jack )
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 large garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 5 burger buns
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- sliced tomatoes
Make Baked Chicken Burger Patty
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with hands.
Divide into 5 equal portions and shape into a disc about the diameter of your bun (about 3 1/2 inch). (If using very large buns, then you could make 4 burgers instead of 5)
Place on the prepared baking sheet and spray a coating of non-stick cooking spray on top.
Bake for 21-25 minutes, until cooked through.
Place pan on a wire rack to cool slightly.
Make Sriracha Mayo
Stir all ingredients together and refrigerate until serving time.
Assemble Baked Chicken Burger with Sneaky Veggies
Top the bottom of a burger bun with some mashed avocado, top with a chicken patty, Sriracha mayo, tomato slices and lettuce.
To pack Baked Chicken Burger with Sneaky Veggies for lunch box
Place a burger patty and the burger bun in a lunch box along with tomato slices and lettuce on the side. Place Sriracha mayo in small jello shot contiainer. Assemble before eating. (I have chosen to skip avocado when packing for lunch due to obvious reasons)
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.