Heavenly brown sugar buttered cream cheese and 5-minute candied walnuts makes a humble bagel irresistible. Bagels with buttered cream cheese and candied walnuts is an easy meal prep option for breakfast or school lunch box.
Is bagels even a lunch box candidate?
Think BRUNCH BOX. Kids love out-of-the-ordinary lunch boxes.
Fridays are usually Fun-Fridays! I love to pack pizzas or something sweet or breakfasts.
Or meal prep for breakfast for the rest of the week.
What is buttered cream cheese?
Instead of sweetening just cream cheese, some butter is included. Butter makes everything better, right?
It makes it lighter and silkier! Similar to a cream cheese frosting.
To make buttered cream cheese, simply beat cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, until smooth.
Use immediately or divide into small containers and refrigerate.
How to make candied walnuts?
Make this awesome, easy caramel walnuts recipe —–> Easy 5 minute Candied Walnuts
It is one skillet and takes 5 minutes from start to finish. Aaaand, SOOO addictive!!
Stores well at room temperature for days (trust me, it is not gonna last that long)
How to make bagels with buttered cream cheese and candied walnuts for lunch box?
- Slit each bagel into half and cut each half into two pieces for easy packing.
- Make buttered cream cheese and divide them into jello shot containers or any other small containers.
- Make easy candied walnuts and divide into jello shot containers or any other small containers. Store at room temperature.
- Pack bagels and a cream cheese container into each lunch box and refrigerate.
- Add candied walnuts just before taking for school. The cream cheese has enough time to thaw and will be perfect to eat for the children.
How to meal prep bagels with buttered cream cheese and candied walnuts for breakfasts?
- Slit each bagel into half and store in the refrigerator.
- Make buttered cream cheese and store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Make easy candied walnuts and sore in a covered container and store at room temperature.
- Leave buttered cream cheese at room temperature for about an hour before eating.
Click here for more lunch box recipes
And here for more Breakfast ideas
Bagels with Buttered Cream cheese and Candied Walnuts
Buttered Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a splash of vanilla
- 4 bagels, as required
- Easy candied walnuts
To make Buttered Cream Cheese
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and beat with hand held electric beater until light and fluffy. Refrigerate if not using immediately. Bring to room temperature before eating.
How to eat bagels with Buttered Cream cheese and Candied Walnuts
- Slather on some buttered cream cheese on a half bagel and sprinkle with easy candied walnuts. Enjoy.
How to pack Bagels with Buttered Cream cheese and Candied Walnuts
- Spoon buttered cream cheese into small jello shot containers and chopped candy walnuts into another container. Pack into lunch boxes with bagels.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.