A mashup of Asian flavors!!! This Gluten free coconut curry noodle stir fry is an easy weeknight dinner or lunch that is made with basic pantry ingredients and the new gluten free (shelf stable ) Fortune udon noodles.
Today, we are talking dinner!!
A dinner that is
- Packed with Asian flavors
- Gluten free
Yes, this Coconut curry noodle stir fry is a true mashup of Asian flavors – Chinese, Thai and Indian all combined in one.
If you love all things coconut curry then check out this 20-Minute, One skillet Coconut Curry Shrimp
Let us see the team players in this coconut curry noodle stir fry:
Gluten free udon noodles – I used these new Fortune gluten free Udon noodles (garlic chicken flavor)
Coconut milk – Click here for my favorite canned variety
Veggies – Carrot and spinach. Both are optional.
Curry spices – Coriander, cayenne and turmeric powder. You can also use 1 teaspoon curry powder instead of all these three spices
Other essentials – Onion, garlic, soy sauce, sugar
Roasted cashews – Some buttery crunch
How to make coconut curry noodle stir fry?
Step-1: Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water, drain and rinse.
Step-2: Stir fry onion, garlic and sliced carrot in some vegetable oil
Step-3: Add the coriander, cayenne and turmeric powders and cook for few second to take the raw smell off the spices
Step-4: Stir in coconut milk, baby spinach, noodle seasoning, soy sauce and sugar and let it thicken.
Step-5: Toss cooked noodles and finish off with chopped toasted cashews.
Done and DONE.
How easy was that?
Gluten Free Coconut Curry Noodle Stir Fry
- 1 (4.75 oz) package Fortune Udon noodles (gluten free), Garlic chicken flavor
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped roasted cashews
- Cook Fortune Udon noodles (gluten free), Garlic chicken flavor in boiling water according to manufactures instructions (save the seasoning packet) and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add all remaining group-1 ingredients (onion, garlic and carrot). Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, Stir in all group-2 ingredients ( coriander, cayenne and turmeric powders), stir continuously for about 20 seconds., to toast the spices.
- Stir in all group-3 ingredients (coconut milk, spinach, soy sauce and sugar) and the seasoning packet that comes with the Fortune Udon noodles (gluten free), Garlic chicken flavor. Bring to a boil and continue to cook to wilt the spinach and the sauce is thickened well ( 1-2 minutes). Add noodles and give a good toss . Finish off with chopped roasted cashews.
This recipe is my entry to the FORTUNE ASIAN NOODLE BLOGGER RECIPE CHALLENGE
JSL Foods social media links and website:
You can purchase Fortune Gluten Free Noodle products at: Albertsons, Von's, Safeway, Dierbergs Markets and Cub Foods.
These Fortune Gluten Free noodles are NEW to market, Shelf Stable and can be found in Asian Dry Grocery Section in grocery stores.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.