This DIY Protein snack box is filled with boiled eggs, cheese, almonds, edamame and grape tomatoes. An easy and healthy bento snack box that is perfect for school lunch, post workout snacks or just about anytime hunger strikes.
When it comes to meal prep recipes, our family loves snack bento boxes.
- Perfect for school lunch – Kids love an assortment of snackable meals when compared to just one main dish
- Post workout snacking or school sports
- Simple work lunch
- Healthier option ready-to-eat in the fridge when hunger strikes
- Looks P-R-E-T-T-Y
Another DIY Healthy Snack Box or this DIY Cheese and Fruit Bistro Box that you might like or this No-Cook Turkey, Apple and Cheddar pinwheels ( or Wraps)
Fast and easy lunch box recipe ideas are such a time saver on busy weekday mornings. A few of my favorites include 4 Ingredient Salsa Chickpeas Meal Prep, Cucumber Sandwiches Meal Prep, Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice or Gluten Free Coconut Curry Noodle Stir Fry.
Let us get to the team players in this DIY protein snack box:
- Boiled eggs
If you are into protein rich meal prepping that is vegetarian then check out this Weekly Meal Plan-7 ( 5 ways with Garbanzo Beans )
How to customize a protein bento box?
- Meat – Boiled eggs or Deli turkey/chicken/ham or chopped rotisserie chicken
- Nuts – Raw or roasted almonds / Cashews / Mixed Nuts
- Cheese – White or yellow cheddar / string cheese / Colby Jack / Mozzarella
- Edamame – Cooked edamame / Garbanzo beans / kidney beans
- Tomato – Grape or cherry tomatoes / snap peas / grapes / orange segments / apple slices
More Lunch Box Recipes that are fabulous for meal prep
More Healthy Snack ideas:
4-Ingredient Homemade Almond Butter Cups – This Homemade Almond Butter Cups recipe is ridiculously easy to make in your microwave!! A HEALTHYISH homemade treat or snack to make this Halloween season that both adults and kids can enjoy.
The 4 ingredient Guilt Free Chocolate Hummus – This wholesome 4 ingredient guilt free chocolate hummus is made with garbanzo beans, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt is so delicious served with cinnamon sugar pita chips. Easy, quick and so good for you!
Caprese with Garlic Toast Lunch Box – Light, simple, quick and healthy lunch for work or school! Caprese with garlic toast lunch box is a great way to enjoy in season/late summer tomatoes and basil!
Raw Date and Nut Salami No-cook, vegan raw date and nut salami is a really delicious snack made with dates, coconut oil, shredded coconut, cashews, pistachios and almonds. Incredibly healthy and guilt-free!
DIY Protein Snack Box Meal Prep
- 4 to 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 cup almonds (raw or toasted)
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese ( I used white cheddar)
- 3 cups cooked edamame in shells
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- Divide all ingredients into 4 meal prep containers and store in refrigerator for up to 4 days. ( I cut eggs in half for photography purposes, leave them whole when storing in the refrigerator)
Customize DIY Protein snack boxMake it vegetarian - Omit eggs and replace with hummus / peanut butter/ almond butter and crackers. Add your favorite cheese - Yellow cheddar, Colby jack, string cheese Replace edamame with cooked chickpeas / kidney beans
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.