Sriracha Cauliflower is a lip smacking combination of roasted cauliflower and crispy roasted cashews, tossed in a SWEET and SPICY sriracha soy sauce that if finger licking good!! Eat it plain or spoon over cooked white rice for an easy dinner or lunch.
Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower and Cashews –
Sweet. Spicy. Salty, Crispy, Crunchy. A whole lot of YUM.
- Tender oven roasted cauliflower florets
- Crispy roasted cashews
- Spicy Sriracha & Red pepper flakes
- Sugar for sweetness
- Salty Soy
- Scallions for some green
Cauliflower is certainly is one of our family favorite. Especially, these Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower Tacos, Tandoori Gobi in Air Fryer or Cauliflower Wraps. Kids can’t seem to have enough cauliflower when they are coated with crispy bread crumbs, baked and then wrapped into charred corn tortillas with the most amazing sweet chili mayo.
If I have some time on my hands then my go-to cauliflower recipe is this super popular Crispy and Crunchy Buttermilk Fried Cauliflower
Red pepper flakes
Basic pantry ingredients and cauliflower. Nothing fancy.
Love the sweet and spicy sriracha combo? Then check out this Honey Sriracha Chicken that is finger licking good.
How to make sweet and spicy cauliflower?
Make sauce :
Stir Sriracha, sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved. Gotta love this color!
Toss cauliflower with some vegetable oil, salt and pepper, bake at 450° F for 25 minutes. Then, toss crispy roasted cauliflower with the Sriracha-soy sauce, roasted cashews and scallions.
Place in oven for a couple of minutes, for the sauce to adhere to cauliflower and cashews.
Tips and tricks in making Sriracha cauliflower?
Size – Cut all florets the same size. Uneven size will result in the big ones undercooked and tiny ones overcooked.
Roasted cashews – Do not use raw cashews —> will not taste the same. To roast cashews – Pre heat oven to 350° F. Add raw cashews in a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden in color. Place baking pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Transfer to a sealed container or zip lock bag and store for up to a month.
Sauce – Stir sauce ingredients, until sugar is dissolved completely.
Less spicy? If you want to cut down the spiciness, then reduce the red pepper flakes.
Final baking – After the cauliflower is tossed with sauce, bake only for 2-3 minutes, not longer.
If you are into spicy food, then you might like Healthy Sushi Bowl, Ginger Garlic Pita Chips, Spicy Roasted Chickpeas that tastes like Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Ranch Quesadilla + Meal Prep or 20-Minute, One Skillet Coconut Curry Shrimp
Great plain. Scoop over white rice for an easy cauliflower dinner (more Dinner recipes )
More recipes to serve with rice:
Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower and Cashews
- 1/2 medium to large cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt ( or one healthy pinch)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup toasted cashews (unsalted)
- chopped scallions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Toss cauliflower, vegetable oil, salt and pepper in a baking sheet. Spread in a single layer and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked.
- While the cauliflower is baking, make sauce and chop scallions.
Make Sriracha-Soy Sauce
- Stir all sauce ingredients ( Sriracha, sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes) in a medium bowl, until sugar is dissolved completely. Set aside.
- Remove baking pan from oven ( do not turn oven off) and place on a wire rack. Add sauce ( scrape bowl to get all the sauce out —> good stuff), cashews and scallions. Toss well until evenly coated ( be careful with the hot pan), spread in a single layer and return pan back to the oven.
- Bake for 3 minutes for sauce to set, remove pan and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before eating.
- Delicious plain or served over white rice. (If serving over rice, make sure to get as much sauce out of the baking pan using a flat spatula) . Garnish with more scallions.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.