Simple baked pears with walnut oat crumble is delicious with vanilla ice cream for an easy yet elegant dessert or topped with greek yogurt for breakfast.
Baked pears with walnut oat crumble is my twist to the popular stuffed baked apples. These are
- Easy to make
- Makes a great breakfast, snack or dessert
- Healthyish, since it begins with a fruit 🙂
- Kid friendly
- Simple yet elegant for guests
The team players include:
All basic pantry ingredients and totally customizable with any type of nut you have on hand (sliced almond / pecans) or just all oats.
More Oat recipes:
How to make stuffed baked pears?
Step-1: Stir together all filling ingredients
Step-2: Cut pears in half, scoop out the seeds and some flesh to make a cavity.
Step-3: Stuff the filling
Done and DONE
Baked Mangoes with Honey Nut Streusel <— Another fabulous baked fruit
How to serve baked pears with walnut oat streusel ?
- Top with vanilla ice cream
- With sweetened greek yogurt
- Or whipped cream
- Just simple – eat as is
Tips and tricks in making a great stuffed baked pear
- Pear – I used Barlett variety. Select ripe but firm fruits
- Use sliced almonds or pecans instead of walnuts
- Make it nut free – use all oats
More recipes with walnuts: Carrot Walnut Cake
More easy baked treats with fruits:
Soft and Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes in a muffin pan – So soft, light and fluffy blueberry pancakes in a muffin pan!!! Fabulous for meal prep or feeding a crowd or if you are just not in the mood for flipping pancakes. These meal prep blueberry pancakes are buttery and uses a secret technique in achieving the perfect Soft-Fluffiness.
Orange Walnut Cake –This amazingly soft orange walnut cake is loaded with ground walnuts, orange juice, zest and has a crisp orange sugar topping. Perfect plain or with coffee.
Ultimate Strawberry Velvet Cupcakes – This strawberry velvet cupcake is the ultimate recipe mashup of a red velvet cake and strawberry cake. Ultra soft, tender, velvety textured strawberry cupcake and tangy creamy strawberry cheese frosting, both packing flavor from real strawberries. The best strawberry cupcake ever!!!
Baked Banana Nut Pancake Cups – These baked banana nut pancake cups are classic banana nut pancakes baked to perfection in a muffin pan. Soft, fluffy, simple and easy.
Baked Pears with Walnut Oat Crumble
To serve (optional)
- vanilla ice cream
- sweetened greek yogurt (refer notes)
- Pre heat oven to 375° F and have a medium size baking pan ( choose any baking pan that will fit 4 pear halves in a single layer without having too much of empty space)
Make Walnut Oat Crumble
- Stir brown sugar, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt together in a medium bowl. Add butter and mix with your fingertips , until combined.
- Cut the pears in half and using a small ice cream scoop out the seeds along with some of the flesh (to make space for the stuffing).
- Pour 5 tablespoons to 6 tablespoons water into the baking pan. Place pear halves, cut side up. Spoon walnut oat crumble into the middle cavity.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes (depending on the size, refer notes), until pears have softened.
- Remove from oven and let cool until warm.
- Remove pears onto a serving plate and spoon the sauce from the bottom of the pan (give a good stir before using) on top of the pears.
Top with vanilla ice cream for dessert or sweetened greek yogurt for breakfast.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.