A Mexican twist to the childhood favorite english muffin pizzas!! Toasted split english muffins topped with salsa, Mexican cheese blend, black beans, corn, jalapeño slices baked and then finished with ripe avocado and cilantro. These Mexican style english muffin pizzas are creative, fun and will soon become a family favorite.
Continuing our recipes with 5 ingredient or less series, this english muffin pizzas are made only with 3 main ingredients (just a quick reminder that salt, pepper and water are not counted as ingredients).
Just a quick reminder of the previous 5 ingredient recipes:
Now, let us take a look at these Mexican style english muffin pizzas:
These are your childhood favorite english muffin pizzas but made with
- Salsa instead of marinara sauce
- Mexican cheese blend instead of mozzarella cheese
- Cilantro instead on basil
- Jalapenos instead of red pepper flakes
- Black beans / corn / avocado instead on olives / pepperoni / mushrooms
Let us look at the 3 main ingredients in these Mexican style pizzas:
Mexican cheese blend
You can top them any of your favorite Mexican toppings. I choose to add
How to make homemade English muffin pizzas?
Step-1: Toast english muffins in 400 ° F, for a few minutes
Step-2: Spread salsa on top of each muffin and then Mexican blend cheese.
Step-3: Top with your desired toppings, like black beans, corn and sliced jalapeños pepper
Step-4: Bake until cheese is melted.
Step-5: Top with sliced or chopped avocado and cilantro before eating
Done and DONE.
Few tips and tricks in making these Mexican style pizzas:
- Toast muffins – Toasting muffins for a few minutes before making pizzas, ensures that the muffins do not get soggy even after baking.
- Use thicker salsa – Do not use watery salsa. If your salsa is watery, then add the salsa into a strainer and let drain for couple of minutes to drain off any excess liquid.
- Cheese – A mix of Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses can be used instead of Mexican blend cheese.
- Make it spicy – If you love spicy, then use a spicy variety of salsa
- Add avocado just before eating.
More Mexican recipes like these Mexican style english muffin pizzas:
Mexican Spiced Chicken for Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas or Salads – This all purpose Mexican spiced chicken is cooked in a skillet and is delicious in tacos, burritos, quesadillas or salads. Make a batch for easy meals throughout the week.
Baked Fish Tacos with an Amazing 2-Ingredient Fish Taco Sauce -These baked fish tacos recipe begins with crispy baked panko crusted tilapia that is seasoned with a flavorful blend of Mexican spices and then drizzled with the BEST sauce for fish tacos that sure is revolutionary! Creamy ripe avocado, crunchy cabbage, red onion, cilantro and a load of jalapeño slices on charred corn tortillas complete the dish. Then, drizzle more fish taco sauce. It is SO GOOD!!!!
Waffled Nutella Croissant Sandwich– Soft, spongy and fluffy inside with a crisp crunchy exterior, this homemade churros recipe is one of the best churros that you will ever eat!!!! Churros are much easier to be made at home and are addictive coated in cinnamon sugar or served with a Nutella ganache for dipping.
Spicy Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice with Black Beans and Corn – This Spicy instant pot cilantro lime rice with black beans and corn is a delicious variation to the classic cilantro lime rice. This is great as is with some guac, cheese and sour cream or an accompaniment to all your Mexican meals.
Chickpea Burrito Bowl Meal Prep – Healthy, easy, quick chickpea burrito bowl meal prep that is nothing short of delicious. An amazing combination of tacos chickpeas ,tangy pico de gallo, sweet corn, shredded cheddar, spicy jalapenos and buttery avocado slices – all piled on a bed of white or brown rice. Vegetarian burrito bowl meal prep for the week or make it for dinner!!!
English Muffin Pizzas ( Mexican Style)
- 2 tablespoons cooked black beans
- 2 tablepsoons corn
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced or chopped, add just before serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, add just before serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place split english muffins (cut side up) on a baking sheet. Bake for 3-5 minutes, to toast (remove before they begin to turn golden). Do not turn off the oven.
- Spoon 1 and 1/2 tablespoons salsa on each muffin half, use the back of a spoon to spread the sauce evenly. Top with about 3 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend and optional toppings (black beans, corn and jalapeños slices)
- Bake for about 8 minutes. Turn on oven to broil and let cook for another 1-2 minutes (keep a close eye during the last minute). Remove when the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, let pizzas cool for a minute. Then top with sliced or chopped avocado and chopped cilantro. Enjoy
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.