Loaded with cauliflower and carrot, this creamy instant pot Thai curry cauliflower soup is healthy, creamy without any cream, comforting, velvety smooth and packed with so much flavor!!
Today, we are talking creamy cauliflower soup.
Not just any soup. A Thai cauliflower soup that is packed with flavor, made with healthy ingredients and better yet made in the Instant pot!!!
This soup is
- Creamy without any cream
- Velvety smooth
- Spicy with a hint of sweet
Eating veggies has never tasted so good!!!
I love cooking with cauliflower. It is available year round, loaded with nutrition and so versatile like Indian Tandoori Cauliflower, Tandoori Cauliflower Wraps, Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower and Cashews, Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower, Cauliflower Tacos or Crispy fried cauliflower.
Keeping track of all the Thai inspired recipes here?
How to make Thai curry soup in instant pot?
- Heat instant pot to saute. When hot, add vegetable oil and then followed by chopped onion and garlic.
2. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to get translucent.
3. Stir in Thai red curry paste and saute for the spices to get toasted.
4. Add chopped cauliflower, carrot and chicken stock.
5. Stir everything together.
6. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on manual and then do natural pressure release. It will look like the picture below after cooking.
7. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth and creamy. (Don’t own an immersion blender? Transfer everything to a blender, puree until smooth and transfer back into the instant pot).
8. Stir in coconut milk, soy sauce and honey.
9. Let cauliflower and carrot soup cook for few minutes after it comes to a boil.
10. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Let us look at the good-for-you ingredients:
- Spicy curry paste
- Coconut milk
- Soy sauce
More curry inspired recipes:
Or check out a HUGE collection of Instant Pot Recipes here
More soup recipes like this Creamy Instant Pot Thai Curry Cauliflower Soup:
Creamy Instant Pot Thai Curry Cauliflower Soup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower (chopped into small chunks)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock, I used 33% reduced sodium chicken stock
- Heat Instant pot (I used 3 quart) to saute mode. When hot, add vegetable oil and then chopped onion and garlic. Stir occasionally for about 3 minutes, until it begins to get translucent. Stir in red curry paste and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Press cancel, and then stir in chopped cauliflower, carrot and chicken stock. Cover and lock lid (making sure valve is set to sealing). Set Instant pot to MANUAL mode for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, let Instant pot be in the warm mode for at least 10 minutes and then turn valve to vent to release pressure (or else do a natural pressure release).
- Uncover, blend soup until smooth using an immersion blender (if you do not have an immersion blender, then transfer soup into a regular blender, blend until smooth and transfer soup back into the instant pot)
- Set instant pot to saute mode again and stir in coconut milk, soy sauce and honey. Let it come to a boil and then cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Press cancel and let soup cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. (this step helps the soup to thicken slightly and all the flavors to blend in).Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with chopped scallions.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.