No Bake Almond Butter Truffles are rich, smooth, creamy and decadent! Made with only 4 main ingredients these homemade balls are sure to satisfy any chocolate craving.
Disclosure: This post is part of the Barney Butter Brand Ambassador program. We received samples from Barney Butter in order to share our recipe using their products, but this isn’t a sponsored post.
I’m teaming up with Barney Butter to bring you the best almond butter recipes and creations! Gluten-free, vegan and made in a peanut free facility— Barney Butter makes adding extra protein and flavor to any meal a breeze! It’s the perfect addition to a smoothie bowl, fruit slices or a quick piece of toast. Barney Butter gives you the fuel you need for all of your fall adventures!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Almond Butter Truffles
What’s not to love about the combination of chocolate and almond butter? These are made with super quick, easy to make, no bake, bite sized, make ahead, deliciously creamy, no butter, mostly healthy, only 4 main ingredients and freeze beautifully.
It is perfect for the Holidays, Valentines day or just about anytime. These are made without cream, with cocoa powder and without cream cheese.
Why you’ll love these?
- Ultimate decadence – These taste like real truffles but made much healthier with no cream or butter.
- Only 4 main ingredients – Simple, pantry ingredients.
- Mostly healthy – Made with almond butter, coconut oil and coconut milk instead of heavy cream. These have only 72 calories each, making it a great guilt-free treat.
- Easy microwave recipe – No bake and almost No Cook.
- Make ahead – Perfect to be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for weeks.
Roll these balls in any of the following options-
- Cocoa powder – Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Chopped nuts – Finely chopped nuts like toasted almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, peanuts or pistachios are all great options.
- Coconut – Sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Sprinkles – Use fine colored sprinkles (any color to match the celebration).
- Powdered freeze dried strawberries .
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need. You can find the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Almond butter – We used Barneys smooth almond butter.
- Chocolate – Pure chocolate is sold in 4 ounce bars in the baking aisle. Use Semi sweet variety.
- Coconut oil – Or butter.
- Milk – We used coconut milk.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla adds luxurious flavor.
- Salt – It offsets the sweetness.
Pro Tips for Success
Semi sweet chocolate chips – The better the quality, the better the truffle. Use high quality chocolate like Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate chips or finely chopped bar.
Topping ideas – Apart from cocoa powder, these easy truffles recipe can be rolled in finely chopped pistachios, almonds, peanuts or shredded coconut (use unsweetened).
Time – Resting time depends on the weather. The dough firms up in about 3 hours during cold winter months, whereas more than 5 hours on a hot summer day. Refrigerate dough to speed up the process.
Perfect for gift giving – Pack them in sweet little boxes with tissue paper and tie with ribbons or in little cellophane bags.
Use butter instead of coconut oil.
If using chocolate chips, 4 ounces chocolate is 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon.
Make it vegan – Use vegan semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Skip vanilla and use almond extract.
- Mix a tiny pinch of chili or cayenne powder for hint of spice.
- Alcohol like Chambord, whiskey or rum can be used instead of vanilla extract.
How to make?
- Melt – Melt chocolate, almond butter, coconut oil and coconut milk in microwave for about a minute. Mix in vanilla extract and salt. Let mixture thicken at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Roll – Scoop less than a tablespoon measure balls and roll into balls with some cocoa powder.
- Chill – Chill in the refrigerator to firm up.
How long do these last?
Since they are made without cream, they will last at room temperature in a sealed container for up to 4 days. However, if you wish to store them longer, then refrigerate in a sealed container for up to a month. Leave at room temperature for about 15 minutes before eating.
Can these be frozen?
Freeze for up to 3 months, For the best texture and flavor, bring them to room temperature before serving.
Frequently asked questions
One truffle has 72 calories with 6 grams fat, 6 grams carbohydrates and 5 grams sugar.
- Almond Butter Pancakes
- Almond Butter Overnight Oats
- No Bake Almond Bars
- Almond Butter Cups
- Baked Oatmeal
More recipes using Almond Butter to try –
- 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- Baked Oatmeal
- SunButter Cups Recipe
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Waffles
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
1. Chop semi sweet chocolate into bite size pieces (or use 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips).
2. Add chopped chocolate or chocolate chips, almond butter, coconut oil and coconut milk into a medium microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave for 40 to 50 seconds (stirring every 20 seconds), until melted and smooth.
4. Remove from microwave and mix in vanilla extract and salt.
5. Leave at room temperature for few hours to thicken to a soft but firm dough or place in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
6. Place some cocoa powder in a small plate.
7. Scoop up a small tablespoon measure dough and gently toss in the cocoa powder to coat on all sides. Roll between the palm of hands to make an even ball. Coat again in cocoa powder and store in the refrigerator to firm up.
Store truffles in refrigerator, but leave at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
Almond butter - We used Barneys smooth Almond Butter.
Semi sweet chocolate chips – The better the quality, the better the truffle. Use high quality chocolate like Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate bar.
Topping ideas – Apart from cocoa powder, these easy truffles recipe made with almond butter can be rolled in finely chopped pistachios, almonds, peanuts or shredded coconut (use unsweetened).
Time – Resting time depends on the weather. The dough firms up in about an hour during cold winter months, whereas more than 3 hours on a hot summer day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
am not a certified dietician or nutritionist. The information is a product of online calculator such as Nutrifox.com, although Kitchen at Hoskins attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their fact algorithms. Under no circumstances will Kitchen at Hoskins be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the nutritional information. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health and ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate.
Let Barney Butter become a staple in your pantry! Barney Butter uses blanched almonds, resulting in an ultra-smooth, creamy texture that can’t be beat. Learn more about Barney Butter and how they make their almond butter so delicious at https://barneybutter.com.
Barney Butter retailers:
Find Barney Butter at: Meijer, Giant Eagle, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, Safeway, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and many other retailers near you!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com