A super easy recipe for baked falafel using canned chickpeas with the addition of beets. Simple, wholesome and most importantly delicious baked beet falafel meal prep with pita bread and a cucumber tomato salad.
Glorious beet falafels. Crisp, fresh cucumber tomato salad. Whole wheat Pita bread.
It's healthy! It's colorful!! And Easy!!
It all begins with this delicious Baked Falafel with beets recipe. Not your authentic falafel but sure is
- Great for meal prep
The Baked beet falafel recipe comes together easily in your food processor.
- Add chopped beet into the processor. Process until coarsely ground.
- Add all remaining ingredients and grind coarsely.
- Scoop about 1 and ½ tablespoon measure dough on to a greased baking sheet. Don't have to pack it tight, just smooth the rough edges.
- Grease the tops with a coating of non-stick spray and bake.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
4 Ingredient Guilt Free Chocolate Hummus <---- Healthy and Yummy!!!
How to meal prep baked falafels with beets?
Step-1 : Make beet falafels, cool and store in refrigerator. To reheat- place as many falafels as needed in a microwave safe plate and microwave until hot/warm.
Step-2: Make cucumber tomato salad -> Toss chopped cucumber, tomato, red onions, a squeeze of lemon, a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper together. Refrigerate until serving time.
Step-3 : Assemble into meal prep containers. I have added everything into one box for the pictures, but I recommend that you store falafels, salad and pita bread separately in individual containers. Microwave required falafels until hot/warm and then pack into meal prep containers
More possible add-ins into the baked beet falafel meal prep:
- crumbled feta
- Boiled egg
- Steamed veggies
More delicious recipes with canned garbanzo beans:
6-Minutes, 4-ingredient Salsa Chickpeas - Weeknight dinner cannot get easier than this!!! 6-minutes 4-ingredient salsa chickpeas comes together in one skillet and is fabulous served with white rice, avocado, sliced jalapeño peppers and chopped cilantro. Great one for meal prep. Healthy vegan Mexican recipe for the win!
Spicy Garbanzo Bean Burger - This spicy garbanzo bean burger is your answer for a quick weeknight dinner! Garbanzo beans and carrot patties with a garam masala spiked sauce is delicious as is, served alongside a salad or as a burger.
Chickpea Taco Meal Prep Bowls - Healthy, easy, quick chickpea taco meal prep bowls that is nothing short of delicious. An amazing combination of tacos chickpeas,tangy pico de gallo, sweet corn, shredded cheddar, spicy jalapeño and creamy avocado slices – all piled on a bed of white or brown rice. Meal prep for the week or make it for dinner!!!
Baked Beet Falafel Meal Prep
- 1 recipe Baked beet falafels
- 2 pita bread, cut into wedges
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1 English cucumber, chopped into chunks
- 1 large Roma tomato, chopped into chunks
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- a squeeze of lemon
- salt and pepper
Make cucumber tomato salad
- Toss all cucumber tomato salad ingredients together. Refrigerate until serving time.
Make Baked Beet Falafel meal prep
- Make beet falafels, cool and store in refrigerator. To reheat- place as many falafels as needed in a microwave safe plate and microwave until hot/warm.
- I have added everything into one box for the pictures, but I recommend that you store falafels, salad and pita bread separately in individual containers Microwave required falafels until hot/warm and then pack into meal prep containers with salad and pita bread
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Katherine | Love In My Oven
These look great, Maria! I love falafel.
Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
I have never had beets before, but now I know I how I want to eat them for the first time! These beet falafels look so yummy! I always enjoy your lunch prep posts 🙂
Ashika | Gardening Foodie
Beet falafel with pita sounds so delicious. I have always only used chickpeas to make falafel, never beet. These look so good, and will really make a great lunch. I would love to give these a try.