Simplicity at its best! Juicy ripe mango halves topped with honey-coconut-cashew-pistachio-oat streusel. Enjoy plain as a snack or with sweetened greek yogurt for breakfast or with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
`Hellllllllo..... Mango season.
I think we all know what a mango freak I am. Why is this the best fruit in the Universe?
Um. Anything in a cup form is always fun! Lettuce cups. Avocado cups.
And another favorite part of this recipe? It's the perfect serving size.
There is something magical with mango and coconut combination, like Coconut Glazed Mango Ginger Pop-Tarts. Coconut, cashews, pistachios, oats tossed with honey and coconut oil. Oh and then a sweet mango half topped with this and baked. The mango softens a bit and the streusel gets crispy and sticky (thanks to honey), it just takes a humble (or may be not so much) mango to a whole new level. This is just too damn delicious and now you will have try to find out for yourself, huh?
Mix shredded coconut, chopped nuts, oats, honey and coconut oil together and place on cut mango halves and bake. I scored the mango a gently (do not cut through the skin). This helped for the streusel juices run deep into the mango and also convenient to eat with a spoon.
Skill level - Easy
Baked Mangoes with Honeyed Coconut Streusel
1 large mango, ripe but firm
¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup nuts, chopped (I used a combination of raw cashews and pistachios)
2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
2 tablepsoons honey
1 tablepsoon melted coconut oil
⅛ teaspoon salt
sweetened greek yogurt, optional
vanilla ice cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Have a baking pan or any oven safe skillet ready.
2. Cut mango into two halves (save seed for snacking).
3. Gently score mangoes about ¾th way into the flesh(without cutting through the skin). Place on the baking pan or skillet, skin side down.
4. In a small bowl, combine shredded coconut, chopped nuts, oats, honey, melted coconut oil and salt, until well mixed.
5. Divide mixture evenly over the two mango halves.
6.Place baking pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until deep golden on top.
7. Place pan on a wire rack to cool.
8. Serve mango halves (warm or room temperature), plain or with sweetened greek yogurt or with vanilla ice cream.
Makes 2 servings
Don't forget to Pin this image!