Loaded with spicy baked wonton skins, easy skillet bbq chickpeas, sweet corn, jalapeño slices, two types of cheeses, avocado, red onion and bbq sour cream. This loaded bbq chickpea wonton nachos is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!!!
Sweet. Spicy. Smoky, Cheesy. Tangy.
Could there be anything better than these vegetarian nachos?
Game days, Holiday parties, get togethers or just a Friday night at my home.
A small break from all the lunch box recipes for some nacho love!
Loaded bbq Chickpea wonton nachos.
Really, really good.
Team players in this bbq chickpea nachos:
- Baked spicy wonton chips (Not your traditional Chips. Wonton wrappers are baked with a bbq spice mixture, gets super crispy, crunchy and light!)
- Easy skillet bbq chickpeas (Great for all your vegetarian friends)
- Sweet corn ( Thawed frozen corn works well)
- 2 types of cheese (why stop with one?)
- Red onion
- Bbq sour cream
Have more bbq sauce? Check out this 5-Ingredient BBQ Ramen Noodles for an easy kid approved lunch.
How to make vegetarian chickpea nachos?
- Bake spicy wonton chips
- Make easy skillet bbq chickpeas
- Make bbq sour cream
- Layer wonton chips, bbq chickpeas, corn, cheese and bake until cheese melts
- Top with chopped avocado, sliced red onion, chopped cilantro and bbq sour cream
Barbecue nachos for the win!! Check out Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches.
Love chickpeas? You will love these Chickpea Taco Meal Prep Bowls
Loaded BBQ Chickpea Wonton Nachos
BBQ Spice Mixture
Spicy baked wonton chips
- 20 Twin Dragon Wonton Wrappers, cut in half crosswise to get 40 triangles
Easy skillet bbq chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic clove, minced
- few jalapeños slices (more if you are feeding spice loving adults)
- 2 X 15.5 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, I used Kinders
- ¼ teaspoon salt or according to your taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 large jalapeño sliced (or as much as your guests can handle)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
Bbq sour cream
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons bbq sauce, I used Kinders
Bake spicy wonton chips
- Stir all spice mixture together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 sheet pans with non-stick cooking spray. Place all cut wonton triangles in a single layer on both sheet pans. Spray a coating a non-stick cooking spray on top of the wonton skins and sprinkle the bbq spice mixture evenly (use as much or as little as you'd like). You might have some spice mixture leftover.
- Bake one sheet at a time for about 12 minutes or until the chips look crisp and brown. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Spicy Wonton chips can be made up to a day ahead and stored in a ziplock bag.
Make easy skillet bbq chickpeas
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and jalapeño slices when hot. Saute for about 3 minutes until onions begins to get translucent. Add chickpeas, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper. Stir until the mixture bubbles and thickens slightly (It will continue to thicken as it cools). Remove from heat and let cool.
Make Loaded bbq chickpea nachos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 13 jelly roll pan or half sheet pan or large cast iron skillet, layer half spicy wonton chips, half of easy skillet bbq chickpeas, corn and sprinkle half of both cheeses. Top with remaining wonton chips, bbq chickpeas, corn and cheeses.Bake for 4-5 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Serve hot topped with avocado, sliced red onion, jalapeños slices and bbq sour cream.
To make bbq sour cream
- Stir bbq sauce and sour cream together.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.