These Shrimp Pesto Crostini are creamy, spicy, tangy, light and flavorful! Makes a great appetizer for entertaining, holidays or a light dinner.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Holidays are almost upon us and we could all use more appetizers for all the upcoming parties and get togethers. Today, it is a fun Mexican spin on an Italian pesto!
Crunch baguette slices topped with a creamy sea asparagus pesto, fresh corn pico de gallo and spicy shrimp – It is spicy, fresh, flavorful, tangy and delicious.
Main components –
Creamy Pesto – Sea asparagus pesto is mixed with greek yogurt, red pepper flakes and salt.
Spicy Shrimp – Skillet cooked shrimp with flavorful spices like garlic powder, cayenne powder and chili powder.
Corn pico de gallo – Cooked corn, chopped tomato, red onion, cilantro jalapeños peppers and lime juice.
Baguette – Slice French baguette into 1/4-inch slices and toast until golden crisp.
Adjust spiciness based on your taste.
Use fresh or frozen corn
How can we make ahead?
Baguette slices can be toasted and stored in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
Shrimp can be cooked and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Corn pico de gallo can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Assemble crostini just before serving.
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Parmesan Bread Bites
- Homemade Pita Chips
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 1/2 French baguette, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 - 4 ounce jar Sea Aspargus Pesto
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed and patted dry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Corn Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup cooked corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, chopped (optional)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- Salt to taste
1. Pre heat oven to 400° F. Place cut baguette slices on a baking sheet, in a single layer.
2. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden in color. Cool completely.
Make Creamy Pesto
Stir pesto sauce, yogurt, red pepper flakes and salt together.
Make Spicy Shrimp
1. In a medium bowl, toss shrimp along with all spices (except vegetable oil), until well coated. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours. (If pressed for time, then go ahead with cooking shrimp right away).
2. Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet, until moderately hot. Add shrimp in a single layer, cook for about 2-3 minutes, turn over and cook for another minute or two or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Make Corn Pico de Gallo
1. Mix all corn pico de gallo ingredients together in a bowl.
1. Spread some creamy pesto on each toasted baguette, top with corn pico de gallo and a shrimp.
Adjust spiciness based on your taste.
Use fresh or frozen corn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
I am not a certified dietician or nutritionist. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculator such as Nutrifox.com.. Although Kitchen at Hoskins attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their fact sources and algorithms. Under no circumstances will Kitchen at Hoskins be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the nutritional information. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
This recipe is my contribution for the Foraged & Found Recipe Challenge!
Foraged & Found social media links:
Website – https://foragednfound.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ForagedNFound/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/foragednfoundak/
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.