Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep
Chicken burrito bowl meal prep are perfect for planning weekday lunches (or dinner) ahead. Loaded with flavor this chicken burrito bowl recipe is healthy and amazingly delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or corn or olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 recipe homemade chicken taco seasoning
- 3 to 4 cups Cilantro lime rice refer notes
- 1 and 1/2 avocados, sliced
- 3/4 cup salsa, refer notes
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar or Mexican cheese blend, optional
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, optional
- 1/2 cup cooked corn, optional
- 2 tablepsoons chopped cilantro, optional
Divide the rice, chicken, salsa, cheese, beans and corn (if using) into meal prep containers. Add sliced avocado just before eating.
If your salsa is watery, then either store salsa in small 2 ounce jello shot cups with lid or top salsa before eating.
May sub pico de gallo instead of salsa.
If you don't have an instant pot or don't have time to make cilantro lime rice recipe then here is quick version with leftover white rice that will work great - In a non-stick skillet, saute finely chopped garlic in some vegetable oil, until golden (don't let get dark in color). Stir in rice, lime juice, chopped cilantro and salt. Mix until combined and take off heat and let cool.
Guacamole may be used instead of sliced avocados.