Tandoori Chicken Meal Prep
Simple, comforting, spicy, tangy tandoori chicken meal prep for your entire week/family. An easy oven roasted tandoori chicken is layered with a minty-lemon rice and the easiest raita.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Minty lemon rice
- 4 cups leftover cooked, cooled white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeños pepper, sliced (use as much or as little as you'd like)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed well
- 1/8 inch piece ginger, crushed well
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
Make minty lemon rice
Heat 2 tablepsoons butter in a sautepan over medium heat. When butter is melted, add in cumin seeds, bay leaf and chopped cashews. Stir until cashews get golden and cumin is toasted.
Stir in onions, jalapeños, garlic and ginger. Saute until onions get trasnslucent and then stir in mint and cilantro. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add rice, salt and lemon juice. Stir well and remove from heat.