Cashew Cranberry Pesto Crostini
Made with frozen cranberries, this cashew cranberry pesto crostini is sweet, tart, salty and pretty!!!
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time8 mins
- 1 tablepsoon olive oil
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 large mint leaves (and more to garnish)
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon water (or more if required)
Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over high heat. Add Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries, cashews, onion, garlic and mint leaves. Continue to cook over high heat (stirring occasionally), for 3 to 4 minutes, until cranberries have softened well. Take pan off heat and let cool completely.
Transfer all ingredients into a small food processor, along with sugar, salt and 1 tablespoon water. Process until coarsely ground. Do not make into a fine paste. (Add additional 1/2 to 1 tablespoon water, only if the processor needs help grinding).
Spread pesto over toasted baguette slices and garnish with a mint leaf. Serve immediately.