Loaded BBQ Chickpea Wonton Nachos
Loaded with spicy baked wonton skins, easy skillet bbq chickpeas, sweet corn, jalapeño slices, two types of cheeses, avocado, red onion and bbq sour cream. This loaded bbq chickpea wonton nachos is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!!!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time23 mins
Total Time43 mins
BBQ Spice Mixture
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
Spicy baked wonton chips
- 20 Twin Dragon Wonton Wrappers, cut in half crosswise to get 40 triangles
Easy skillet bbq chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic clove, minced
- few jalapeños slices (more if you are feeding spice loving adults)
- 2 X 15.5 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, I used Kinders
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or according to your taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 large jalapeño sliced (or as much as your guests can handle)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Bbq sour cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons bbq sauce, I used Kinders
Make easy skillet bbq chickpeas
Heat oil in a medium non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and jalapeño slices when hot. Saute for about 3 minutes until onions begins to get translucent. Add chickpeas, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper. Stir until the mixture bubbles and thickens slightly (It will continue to thicken as it cools). Remove from heat and let cool.
Make Loaded bbq chickpea nachos
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a 9 x 13 jelly roll pan or half sheet pan or large cast iron skillet, layer half spicy wonton chips, half of easy skillet bbq chickpeas, corn and sprinkle half of both cheeses. Top with remaining wonton chips, bbq chickpeas, corn and cheeses.Bake for 4-5 minutes, until cheese melts.
Serve hot topped with avocado, sliced red onion, jalapeños slices and bbq sour cream.
1. Non-stick pan is a must since we are working with sticky bbq sauce
2. Make ahead
-Spicy wonton chips can be made up to a day ahead and stored in a zip lock bag at room temperature.
-Easy skillet bbq chickpeas can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator
-Bbq sour cream can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator