5 Ingredient No Bake Brownie Mice
5 ingredient, no bake brownie mice might be the best healthy-ish, creepy-ish treat that you will make this Halloween season! Easy, no bake, no cook (almost), gluten free, dairy free and vegan too.
Servings: 6 mice
- 12 pumpkin seeds, refer notes
- 12 white sesame seeds
- 6 (or more if required) pretzel twists (use gluten free for gluten-free option)
Break pretzels gently to get curved pieces (refer pictures). I was able to get one tail piece from each pretzel.
Insert a pretzel into the rounded end of each mouse to form the tail.
Have a small bowl with about 1 teaspoon of water and a paper or kitchen towel handy.
Dip the tip of your finger in water to dampen (not dripping wet - gently blot off excess in a paper or kitchen towel). Dampen the eye area (refer pictures) with the wet fingertip and then using the same finger gently place two sesame seeds on the dampened area (this will help it stick as it dries). The sesame seeds will stick to your damp fingertips and help in transferring to the mice very easy. Similarly, wet two pumpkin seeds and blot excess water on the paper or kitchen towel. Insert dampened pumpkin seeds into the ear area (refer pictures).
Let brownie mice rest at room temperture for several hours or overnight to firm up.
2. The dough should be soft yet slightly firm -
-If it feels too soft to shape, then add about 1/2 tablespoon (or more) additional almond flour and knead again.
-If it feels too firm to shape without cracks, then add couple of drops of water and knead again.
3. If you do prefer to have it less chocolatey, then decrease the cocoa powder to about 2 1/2 tablespoons and increase almond flour accordingly.
4. Measure maple syrup and almond butter in a dry measuring cup ( and not a liquid measure), to ensure that the measurements are precise.
- Sliced almonds can be used instead of pumpkin seeds.