Caprese with Garlic Toast Lunch Box
Simple, easy, quick and healthy lunch for work or school! Caprese with garlic toast lunch box is a great way to enjoy late summer tomatoes and basil!
Servings: 4 lunch boxes
- ½ pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (I used 3 different colors)
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed and patted dry
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped or torn
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- coarsely crushed black pepper to taste
- 8 thin slices good quality multi grain or wheat bread
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- sea salt and crushed black pepper, to taste
To make Caprese
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
To make garlic toast
Toast bread slices in your bread toaster, until deep golden brown. Immediatey, rub the cut side of the garlic clove all over on one side.
To meal prep and pack lunch boxes
Make carprese salad and boiled eggs. Divide into meal prep containers and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Before taking to work/school, prep garlic toast and let cool down. Pack along with salad and enjoy.