Instant Pot, Gluten free Pasta Shakshuka
A 20 minute weeknight meal! No fuss, easy instant pot gluten free pasta shakshuka is one of my favorite recipe mashups!
- 3 tablespoons Coconut or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 jalapeno pepper, remove seeds and slice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces Gluten-Free Quinoa Fusilli Pasta
- 1 and 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, refer notes
- 3 to 5 eggs
- crumbled feta cheese
- chopped parsley
Heat Instant pot to saute. Add coconut or olive oil when hot and then followed by group-1 ingredients (onion, garlic and jalapeños pepper). Saute for about 2 minutes.
Stir in group-2 ingredients (paprika and ground cumin). Saute for 20 to 30 seconds to toast the spices.
Press cancel, add group-3 ingredients (pasta, marinara sauce, water and salt). Stir well, close and lock lid (making sure the valve is set to seal). Cook for 5 minutes on manual.
When done, release pressure immediately and open lid. Break in all the eggs without touching each other. Close and lock lid (making sure the valve is set to seal). Cook for 1 minute for very soft eggs and 2 minutes for firmer eggs( on manual).
Release pressure immediately when done, open lid, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese and chopped parsley.
Let pasta rest for 5-10 minutes before serving (uncovered). This allows the sauce to thicken slightly and eggs to set.
- Salt depends on the type of marinara sauce that you are using and your taste. I used about 1 teaspoon salt and found it perfect for my taste.
- This recipe makes a saucy pasta just like a shakshuka. But, if you prefer to have little less sauce, then increase pasta to 5 ounces.
- The measurements and time might not work for regular pasta, as gluten free pastas cook much quicker and is a lot a less starchy. You can checkout this Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta that uses regular penne and jarred marinara sauce.