Shrimp with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Super quick to put together, only 20 minutes from start to finish! This shrimp with sun dried tomato cream sauce is incredibly delicious and perfect for those busy weeknights.
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined ( 31-40 per pound)
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Toss shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper powder.
Add olive oil into a 9-inch skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in a single layer, cook for one minute (without disturbing), turn then over and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until cooked. Transfer shrimp onto a plate.
Place pan back on medium heat, add butter and let it melt. Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes (group-2). Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often until translucent. Add group-3 ingredients and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook until sauce has thickened to your liking, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. (You will need a thicker sauce if serving over pasta)
Add group-4 ingredients and shrimp. Cook for a few seconds until spinach is wilted.
Serve shrimp with sun dried tomato sauce with crusty bread to mop up all the sauce or serve over cooked fettuccine.