5 Minute, 5 Ingredient Egg Fried Rice
Super quick and easy Egg Fried Rice recipe is delicious plain or a great side dish for all your Chinese dishes. Cannot get easier than a 5 ingredient fried rice!
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 4 Scallions, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or use less if you are not into spicy foods
Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When hot, break the eggs into the pan, cook stirring occasionally until the eggs are 3/4th cooked.
Stir in all remaining ingredients (rice, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper) and stir fry for for about 2 minutes, until the rice is heated through.
Both vegetable oil and peanut oil works well. Peanut oil adds a lovely subtle flavor to the fried rice, but I used vegetable oil.
I preferred to chop the scallions into 1-inch pieces due to the following reasons:
However, chop it into smaller pieces if you have picky ones around.
Use as much soy sauce as you need.
The fried rice is delicious with a hint of more black pepper. But, use as much as you like.
- When working with a 5 minute fried rice, the shorter prep time the better.
- It still has some crunch, instead of completely wilting.
- Adds a nice green finish, instead of being just rice with eggs.