Crispy Baked Fish Tacos with an amazing 2-ingredient Fish Taco Sauce
These baked fish tacos recipe begins with crispy, baked panko crusted fish that is seasoned with a flavorful blend of Mexican spices and then drizzled with the BEST sauce for fish tacos that sure is revolutionary! Creamy ripe avocado, crunchy cabbage, red onion, cilantro and a load of jalapeño slices on charred corn tortillas complete the dish. Then, drizzle more fish taco sauce. It is SO GOOD!!!!
Servings: 6 tacos
Slaw for Fish Tacos
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeños, sliced (optional)
Addional ingredients, to serve
- One batch Crispy Baked Tilapia
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 ripe avocado, sliced
- addional sliced jalapenos
- addional chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- Cotija cheese or queso fresco
Make slaw for fish tacos
Toss cabbage, cilantro, onion, jalapeño slices and some fish taco sauce together in a large bowl ( Make sure that there is enough sauce to coat well).
Fish - We used tilapia but you are welcome to use any white fish.
Freeze baked panko crusted fish - Bake fish and let cool completely. Place in a zip lock bag, seal well and freeze. To reheat – Place desired number of fish on a baking sheet, bake in preheated 450 degree F oven for about 15 minutes, until hot and heated through.
To make more spicy -
How to cut tilapia fillets? I choose to cut into long very thick strips, since
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper along with egg/cornstarch batter
- Choose a spicy salsa
- Add more chopped or grated jalapeños into the slaw
- Load up on sliced jalapeños to finish
But, if you don’t want to cut the fillets, then leave it whole and bake following the recipe and then flake into big chunks before making into tacos.
Salsa - Use a salsa that you really love to eat. I used this this brand
Slaw - Purple cabbage (mixed in along with the green) will also add lovely color. You may a bag of coleslaw mix instead.
- Perfect size to made into tacos
- More surface area for crispy breadcrumb coating