Baked Chicken Burger with Sneaky Veggies
Yummy baked chicken burger with sneaky veggies is loaded with cauliflower, carrot, pepper jack cheese, mashed avocado and Sriracha mayo. Weeknights, lunches, lunch box (yes...scroll down for how-to) or just about anytime!
Servings: 5 burgers
Baked Chicken Burger Patty
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup grated cauliflower (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup grated carrot (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese (or Monterey jack )
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 large garlic, finely minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 and ½ tablespoons Sriracha sauce (more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 5 burger buns
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- sliced tomatoes
Make Baked Chicken Burger Patty
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with hands.
Divide into 5 equal portions and shape into a disc about the diameter of your bun (about 3 ½ inch). (If using very large buns, then you could make 4 burgers instead of 5)
Place on the prepared baking sheet and spray a coating of non-stick cooking spray on top.
Bake for 21-25 minutes, until cooked through.
Place pan on a wire rack to cool slightly.
Assemble Baked Chicken Burger with Sneaky Veggies
Top the bottom of a burger bun with some mashed avocado, top with a chicken patty, Sriracha mayo, tomato slices and lettuce. EAT.
Freezer Friendly - Store cooked and cooled ground chicken patties in zip lock bags and thaw at room temperature. Heat in a skillet or microwave or oven.
To cook on stovetop : Make the patty as instructed. Heat one to two tablespoons oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken patties, until deep golden on both sides and cooked through (4-5 minutes per side).